Doing a V8 in a TJ??

wireing wont match up and u will need driveshafts, your gunna have to get some adapters for the th to mount the engine to ur TJ and wireing your gunna have to figure out or have someone do it for you. im guna go with a carb for now and then i will be putting on the holley injection kit.

I doubt you'll find a write-up with all the small stuff like reverse light wiring and driveshaft length, since almost every swap is unique. Those are pretty much as-you-go mods done after starting the swap.

I'm with Redrooster, save the money on adapters and just find a good engine/transmission/transfer case that came in a donor vehicle, it's often cheaper and you're sure every component can handle the power.

A friend of mine in Iowa is looking to trade his '92 (I think that was the year) YJ with full-size D60/D44 axles and fuel injected 4.3L Vortec for a more streetable (commute) jeep, maybe it's something you'd be interested in?

trade for a more streetable jeep? hmmmm why would he do that? that would be a good trade but my jeep isnt really that streetable as of now. it can sit in the street but its not road friendly, it rides like ur on the trails constantly :wink:
as for the adapters i all have the adapters that i need the engine mounts and the transfercase adapter, i got the transfercase adapter cheep from ebay and the motor mounts are cheep also so. now all i gotta do is start tearin her apart....

Back