does every TJ have that hole in the panel???

johnny7point0

There is a hole in the front panel of my TJ sorta behind the ingnition. What is that hole for?? Is it for a feature that my TJ didnt come equipped with??? Does every TJ have it?

okay so i ran outside to look at my TJ and behind my ingition switch i have one of them push the button to pull the key out...mayhap yours fell our or somthing? or just was never put in? kinda oval shape?

Actually, its not an ovel...it's a perfect circle.

I saw a TJ in a parking lot the other day and looked inside to see if they had the hole...and they had the hole too.

It is a little circle on the panel near the ingition. Now I have to check every TJ I see...I might even go to the dealership and snoop around...this is really gonna bug me.

are you talking about ON the steering Colum?? Or is it on the Glass above the colum?

Ya, I'm confused. I have the key release knob and that was my first thought when you posted this. I can't think of any other open area on the JEEP steering column. Whatcha talking bout exactly?

If you have an auto, that might be where the key cylinder release button would have gone if you had a five speed.

Johnny7point0 , you want me to come over and bondo that up for ya!! hehe

Johnny

Its on the panel...below the glass. I will take a picture and post it soon.

I assume it is for some feature that I dont have. But the fact that Ive seen it on other TJs really bugs me.

Weird, I don't have that hole. Did you buy it used. Maybe that is an after market hole for a toggle switch. If nothing else, you can use it for if or when you get Fog-lights. ;) looks like the right size for that toggle.

it's a hole for an aftermarket toggle switch. The previous owners probably had some add on mods like lights, or it's the hole for an alarm warning light that was on the Jeep before you bought it.

Rob 8) :p :)

Back