Disconnects

Roundeye

I got a set of JKS disconnects (very nice units, I must add). Can these be used with stock trailing arms? Makes good sense seeing them on a rig with rodend-type arms, but it looks to me like twisting the stock rubber bushings when the front axle gets tilted would tear the bushings up.

Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks.

Full door mirrors

Ummm, Which (stock) Rubber bushings??

Once you install the JKS Disconnects, (I am talking about the Quicker disconnects) you should not have any factory bushings except, the one holding the swaybar to the frame. Everything else is basically replaced by the disconnect kit.

The bushings in the trailing arms. If the axle is tilted at an extreme angle in relation to the frame, then the difference is taken up in the trailing arm bushings. This is where the spherical rodend type would be useful. I'm wondering will the stock rubber bushings in the trailing arms take that kind of repeated twisting?

they should be fine..... sure they'll wear over time, they're cheap to replace when they do.....

maybe this is a dumb question, but do disconnects only go on the front or can you put them on the rear too?

It's been proven that adding disco's in the rear does nothing to increase flex. Don't waste the time or money.

Back