Dirty Air Filter

Dennis

I have recently had my air filter replaced and I took a look at it the other day, and it is very dirty. The guy at the shop said it was the PCV valve or something like that?

Can anyone help?
image-missing.png

Dennis

88 Jeep Cherokee

4WD Auto[addsig]

What exactly do you want to know?

You can try replacing the PCV valve, it's very easy, and only costs a couple of bucks.

Terry[addsig]

I just recently replaced mine. It is the little egr looking valve on the rear of the valve cover. The guy at Jeep called it a CCV (Crank Case Ventelator), and it only cost between 4-5 dollars. You can replace it in about 5 minutes.

Check your old one and see if there is a bunch of crud in it. It should have a little visible hole in the bottom that lets air circulate through the valve cover. Mine was pretty well covered. When it gets clogged up, the oil gets blows out as pressure builds.[addsig]

THE VALVE YOU NEED TO REPLACE IS GREY AND AT THE REAR OF YOUR VALVE COVER ALSO YOU WILL NEED TO CLEAN THE OTHER END OF THE VACUMN TUBE ON THE INTAKE THAT IS WHERE THE PROBLEM LIES IF YOU LOOK IN THE HOLE AND IT IS CLOGGED JUST CLEAN IT OUT[addsig]

Back