Dash Noise

thepapa

First off, Hello to all from a first time Jeep owner BUT not a novice off roader (many years experience in every thing from a 1966 VW split window van to 1972/76 International Scout II) I'm proud to be part of the group.

Now the issue at hand, my 2001 XJ makes an occational loud cracking noise from the dash most often when turning and such, while I'm aware this is a known issue with XJ's I can't locate the exact source of the noise. any help locating and eliminating the annoying pop will be gladly accepted from you more experienced jeepers.

thanks to all.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

welcome aboard dude! the first thing i would do is go in there with a screwdriver and some sockets and find and tighten any bolt/screw you can find. nuff said, that probably will get rid of it.

whenever i have a noise i have to locate in my XJ, i bring a friend along and fold the seats down and such and just let them crawl all over the place holding things down until the noise goes away. usually the smaller sized friends work best.
image-missing.png

-nate[addsig]

The good old hunt it down while cruzin' trick eh? always a good plan, but being that this is a "known issue" with the Cherokee I was hoping someone had already found the source. Call me fat, call me lazy but don't call me late for dinner! anyone out there found it yet? m_elkin@msn.com[addsig]

Back