curiosity

Snitty

out of curiosity... what sort of front suspension does a 2wd cherokee have? and what would one of the very rare 2wd wranglers have?

When did they make a 2wd Wrangler?!?!?!?!?!? and WHY?

2wd XJ's have independant front suspension.And I have never EVER seen a 2wd wrangler.Even the new maiul TJ's are 4wd.2wd CJ's have a solid axle without a diff.

Last 2wd cherokee I saw had a tube front axle with the same suspension as the 4x4. it even looked like they used the same knuckle with plugs where the axle shaft would come through.

Buy a Moped

never seen a 2wd wrangler myself either... but i've heard that people can get them.... WHY??? dont' konw

fourtrail said:
Last 2wd cherokee I saw had a tube front axle with the same suspension as the 4x4. it even looked like they used the same knuckle with plugs where the axle shaft would come through.

Ditto to that. I saw the same at a junk yard recently.

Supposedly they're going to start cranking 2wd TJ's out for the USPS again

i hade a 2wd XJ its set up just like the 4 wd XJ but the front axle is just a tube with no diff. its the sams as the 4wd XJ and to swap in a tcase and front diff is easy need a trans cut a hole tcase and front diff and your set

5.2 V8 upgrades

TwistedCopper said:
When did they make a 2wd Wrangler?!?!?!?!?!? and WHY?

They made one in 98' :D ............ Oh Wait ECOH 4x4 screwed up when they put in a new t-case /sye in nov. and forgot to add Fluid to the t-case and I run it for a week w/o fluid so it has to be rebuilt again :evil:

ECOH! The legend lives on. They've been making bone-headed mistakes for a long time now. I guess it's easy to get away with when your the only game in town!

Back