Crazy people in this world!

Craig

height of YJ after lift?

Well, I've lived in my new condo for 3 months now and it seems we've picked the wrong building to move into. Since we've moved in, the elevator has been vandalized about 6 times with grafitti. First it started out with finger prints on the stainless steel sides of the elevator saying "kill strata". Then they scribbed it into the sides with a key or something. Next they used paint and wrote it all over the elevator..."kill strata and all their family, they must all die". Strata council members have also had their vehicles broken into. Our mailboxes have also been broken into. After all this, I hear that strata council members have been getting personalized death threats describing how many kids and pets they have. The police have been investigating and say there's a real psycho living in the building. Now, every night for the last 3 nights someone has set fire to the inside of our building between 2 and 3 am. The fires started off small but last night, they had to bring in 4 huge fans to clear the smoke. Our building is like a fortress. The only way into the building is with a key fob which is a little card that gets scanned so they know exactly who has entered the building and at what time. We also have video surveilence at all enterances....this is how they know it's an inside job. This makes no sense to me. Why would someone want to set fire to their own building that they're paying for? They're hurting themselves just as much as everyone else by causing our insurance rates to go up and in turn our strata fees. I'm home from work around midnight for the next 2 weeks so I'm gonna stay up for a while and watch for anyone suspicious.

Forgive my ignorance, but what/who exactly is strata? Sounds to me like somebody needs to check some surveilance cameras and throw someone in jail. I don't care what you're protesting, vandals suck.

wm69 said:
Forgive my ignorance, but what/who exactly is strata? Sounds to me like somebody needs to check some surveilance cameras and throw someone in jail. I don't care what you're protesting, vandals suck.
When you live in a condo building, strata is a group of people who live in the building who look after certain things in the building and communicate with a strata management company who maintains the building. Example...burnt out lights, regular building maintenance, landscaping ect. If anyone's having a problem with something in the building, they bring it up to a strata council member who will bring it up with the strata management company. The management company will contract out work to other companies to do the work. We have to pay a monthly strata fee for the upkeep of the building.

Condo Fee is what I have heard it called in the states. But I can get what your talking about. sounds like it is time for a few cameras and a big ol industrial Can of Whoop Butt! tug

Craig said:
Well, I've lived in my new condo for 3 months now and it seems we've picked the wrong building to move into. Since we've moved in, the elevator has been vandalized about 6 times with grafitti.
Did this happen before you moved in?
Craig said:
The police have been investigating and say there's a real psycho living in the building.
:shock:
Craig said:
Now, every night for the last 3 nights someone has set fire to the inside of our building between 2 and 3 am. The fires started off small but last night, they had to bring in 4 huge fans to clear the smoke Our building is like a fortress. The only way into the building is with a key fob which is a little card that gets scanned so they know exactly who has entered the building and at what time. We also have video surveilence at all enterances....this is how they know it's an inside job. This makes no sense to me. Why would someone want to set fire to their own building that they're paying for? They're hurting themselves just as much as everyone else by causing our insurance rates to go up and in turn our strata fees. I'm home from work around midnight for the next 2 weeks so I'm gonna stay up for a while and watch for anyone suspicious.
Alot of stupid people in the world "I'm mad :evil: think I'll burn mine and other peoples home"
How well do you know your neighbors?
Lets hope they catch this/these moron/s before someone loses a life

Back