Comparing Cherokees

Roadhead

RE: Re: RE: Another Newbie

Hey everyone!

Am hoping for a lot of useful info here, just to educate the world in general and help me out a little.

I have a '96 Cherokee and am now making tentative goo-goo eyes at the 2004 Cherokee in my nearest dealer.

Anyone know how the two compare? Would love to hear from you guys.

Keep drivin!

Roadhead said:
I have a '96 Cherokee and am now making tentative goo-goo eyes at the 2004 Cherokee in my nearest dealer.

Anyone know how the two compare?

The '96 is so much better because there is no 2004 Cherokee. Perhaps you meant to say Liberty?

berettajeep said:
Roadhead said:

Anyone know how the two compare?

The '96 is so much better because there is no 2004 Cherokee. Perhaps you meant to say Liberty?

Or "Grand" Cherokee (ZJ)?

Well the newer Grand Cherokee will give you more room, more creature comforts, a nicer ride, and more power. It'll cost you though. If you start looking at the '05 grand Cherokee than keep in mind it has IFS and you'll probably not be able to lift it for years.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Which one

if you want an xj stay with a 99 or earlier. they changed to cold pack in 2000 and is more expensive to have worked on.

Now, that depends... Roadhead, I don't know where in the world you are writing from, if it's NOT the US or Canada, the new Liberty continued the Cherokee name...

Or you could be referring to the Grand Cherokee, which I know nothing about...

At any rate, my suggestion to you is to keep the Jeep you have, and add the other one to the family!

Welcome to Jeepz!

Saurian said:
Now, that depends... Roadhead, I don't know where in the world you are writing from, if it's NOT the US or Canada, the new Liberty continued the Cherokee name...

Oh yeah forgot about that :oops:

Hey, thanks!

I'm in the United Arab Emirates, and the Jeep Liberty is the new Cherokee here. Same options, tho, Sport, Renegade and LE.

Nope, not looking at the Grand Cherokee. Find it a little too refined! And it doesnt even have stick shift as an option!!

Would love to hang on to the '96, but maintaining it here is a pain! Not too many qualified mechs other than at the dealer, and super-expensive spares. Hoping the new Cherokee would perform the same, and also have benefits like warranty. ;)

thanks again!

Get the Common rail diesel engine! But I am sure OPEC doesn't tax the heck out of your petro you lucky bastard!

RE: Take A Wild Guess...

redrooster said:
Run the 96 and buy your parts on-line. The Liberty/Cherokee is a total chick mobile.

Well said.

Back