Come on Jeepers...wear your seatbelts!

I am the worst about not wearing a seat belt. I grew up in the days when a child stood in the front car seat between dad and mom. I remember when a child seat just hung over the front seat on two curved steel tubes. I remember when there were no seat belts in cars at all. I do wear them alot but if alone in the jeep and just a cruisen I often forget. Thanks for the reminder. tug

I hate to hear about it but I am one that knows it happens. We loose those close to us almost everyday it seams, at times. I personally lost someone to "lack of seat-belt" She was 18 and just graduated. Needless to say mine went on after that, and very seldom will you catch me without.

when i was 19, my vehicle was hit by another driver... i flipped and rolled about an eight of a mile or more before my seatbelt realeased from tumbling objects hitting my release button... i was then ejected and ended up 40 feet from the vehicle... my passenger had no seatbelt on and didn't survive the accident

i'm thankful for wearing mine

if you ride in my vehicle, you wear a seatbelt or you get out.. i dont take those chances.. i wouldnt be here if not for my seatbelt when i rolled my Toy....

Terrible, even more so because it was preventable.

Did anybody catch the story in MO in '03 about the jeeper who flipped his TJ? He was thrown straight up and was caught in the power lines about 20ft or so off the ground. He survived with barely a scratch, but I'm sure it was lesson learned.

It's a shame some don't live to learn that lesson.

I heard that one bounty, this is sad to hear.Many times we all forget about our belts.Thanks for the reminder.

Exhaust popped off!!!

I ride a murdercycle so I accept Death.
But I still Buckle UP :)

And Still riding after a near fatal accident 2 years ago.

I have been in enough accidents to realize that no matter how safe and good of a driver you are, there are others out there that don't have a clue what they're doing. Plus I've had several friends die due to not having their seatbelts on. Now, I always wear it and won't let others into my vehicle unless they wear one as well.

That is heartbreaking. Tragedy sucks.

When I was 17, my best friend rolled his Cavalier. Neither of us were wearing belts. I hadn't a scratch, but he died instantly. I don't know if it was dumb luck or divine intervention or what, but I'll never forget that horrible night and I will never again take for granted a seat belt. Buckle up folks.

RE 4.5" lift kit

Back in high school, there was a fellow student who was in a pretty serious accident, where only her car was involved. she survived the accident, but was not wearing her safety belt and her head hit the dash/windshield and did some real serious damage. If I recall correctly there was about a years worth of cosmetic surgury involved (maybe 5-6 operations) to rebuild her face. that was back in 1995. I saw her back in 2000 at our reunion and she still has a large amount of scar tissue, tight skin, miss-alligned bone structure, etc...

I always wear my safety belt, thats the way I was raised

It's not always seatbelts. I know that you guys know it, but we're top heavy too. I had two friends at my high school die the same year. One was driving on the highway when he hydroplaned, and into the next lane and down the side of a mountain. Another just bent down to pick up a cd and lost control, and flipped. Both died on impact. Just remember to take it easy, and don't take your mind off of driving, it's not worth it.

Back