Clutches...

Natty

I think it's time again for a new clutch...any suggestions??? I was thinking of centerforce dual friction. And what is everything that needs to be purchased when doing a job like this?...ie. disc, pressure plate, flywheel...???[addsig]

no need to go CF dual for a jeeping application. a stock replacement or a little better is quite fine... the centerforce is basically designed to prevent slippage WHEN IN CONTACT and keep an easy petal engagement. i've never once had a problem with my clutch slipping after i let off the petal... and the petal is easy enough to push... the centerforce will only grab the disc harder... and that is not really a problem for most of us, some maybe... but a near-stock replacement shoud do for most applications[addsig]

Ya, no need for a Centeforce in a stock jeep 4cyl. or 6cyl., wasted money better spent on something else. Check out Carolina Clutch, but wherever you get it, get a genuine LUK clutch.[addsig]

I installed a stock clutch a couple of weeks ago and it made all the difference! I use to have a centerforce clutch in my old truck and was not the best for practical city driving, as well as offroading value wise![addsig]

Thanks for the responses - so bounty...my jeep's engine is stock...however the rest isn't. Will the 33's require a heavier duty clutch? It is geared down with 4.11's to help. Thanks again ya'll.[addsig]

Back