cleanin it

antsinmypants

How do you all clean your soft top? i just cant seem to get mine clean
I can get it to look clean by spraying that tire blackener stuff on it, but then it just leaves streaks on my jeep after the rain (didnt do that on my friends tracker soft top)
i've tried just a sponge, then i tried a scrubby brush but AHHHHHHHHH no fix :( help?

I've found that after a good mudding stint, my top is impossible to clean also. The only thing I've found to make it look better is to turn around and go right back into the mud.....personally, I think all Jeeps look better with mud on them. If you do find a better solution, I'd be willing to listen and give it a shot, though.

The mud has stained my soft top as well. I've found that over time and a lot of rain it gradually goes away. You could try soft top cleaner that I think they sell at NAPA or Lordco.

I take my top of at least once a year just to clean it. Lay it on the ground and get a high pressure hose and just hit every inch of the top. Get a bucket full of soapy water and sponge the crap out of your top. I spend about an hour on it and it comes out pretty nice.

another option for Bchcky's bumper selection!!!

Like I said in the other post, I use a stiff brush and the powdered laundry detergent stuff (mixed in with water just like you would car wash soap. It got all the stains and everything off of my light tan soft top.

The best thing for me is one of those long handled brushes you use on dishes and alot of soap. It's a messy chore but if you scrub hard enough and with enough soap it will come clean. I did it once or twice last summer but every time since, I just let it go. I powerwash it at the carwash and that's it.

Lady

Back