Chimp chews man's face off? Did you guys see this?

mingez

Chimps Killed After Attacking Animal Sanctuary Visitors
Doctor Says Most Of Man's Face Chewed Off

CALIENTE, Calif. -- A couple's visit to an animal sanctuary turned tragic Thursday when two chimpanzees attacked them, critically wounding the husband and causing serious injuries to his wife.

Workers at the Animal Haven Ranch near Bakersfield shot and killed two of the male animals and later recaptured two other female chimps that broke out of their cages.

The attack left Saint James Davis with massive injuries to his face, body and limbs. He's was taken to Loma Linda Hospital for extensive surgery. Davis was transported to Loma Linda University Medical Center, where he was undergoing surgery late Thursday night, according to Martarano.

Dr. Maureen Martin of Kern Medical Center said that the animals chewed most of Davis' face off and that he would require extensive surgery in an attempt to reattach his nose.

Kern County Sheriff's Cmdr. Hal Chealander told The Bakersfield Californian that besides the damage to his face, Davis had his testicles and foot mauled off. Buddy, a 16-year-old male chimp, initiated the attack and after he was shot, Ollie, a 13-year-old male, grabbed the gravely injured man and dragged him down the road, according to Chealander.

LaDonna Davis suffered a bite wound to the hand while trying to help her husband.

The couple were at the refuge to celebrate the birthday of Moe, a chimp that had been removed from their home years earlier for aggressive behavior after biting off part of a woman’s finger.

They had brought Moe a cake and were standing outside his cage when two of the four chimps in the adjoining cage attacked Davis. Moe was not involved in Thursday's attack.

The Davises had waged an unsuccessful legal fight to bring Moe back to their West Covina home and visited him regularly at the sanctuary where he had been living since October. They brought the chimp from Africa decades ago after a poacher killed his mother.

Officials don't know yet how the chimps got out of their cages.

Initial reports indicated two workers had been attacked.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Uhhhhh....ouch! :? That's just horrible.

RE: Steering problem after stuck, HELP!!!

mingez said:
...besides the damage to his face, Davis had his testicles and foot mauled off.

image-missing.png

I'll be a bit more respectful of creatures the next trip to the zoo

RE: Re: RE: 1995 Jeep Wrangler s 2.5l...Fuel Injection or ca

Yeah, saw that on the news the other night.......bad monkey! Bad monkey!!

RE: Wont start unless i hit the gas....

TwistedCopper said:
mingez said:
...besides the damage to his face, Davis had his testicles and foot mauled off.

image-missing.png

I'll be a bit more respectful of creatures the next trip to the zoo

WTF...I am staying away from those crazy zoos.

I heard this, I guess it was Bubbles the Chimp, and he was pissed off that his Buddy Michael Jackson was going on trial!

Heard about it, is insane. I think the first clue should have been that the chimp bit off the wifes finger, or a part of it...years before. Kinda should have realized that he didn't like her or the couple as it was. What a mess. Many people don't realize how "wild" animals are. Just because they are domesticated or seem to be, thier genetic history isn't domestic at all and you always have to remember that. Lessons Learned for those two.

Heather

Yeah... I guess. But the removal of the male reproductive organs is more than a learned lesson!!

And, they were at the zoo. The chimp that bit the wifes finger off wasn't involved in the attack. YIKES!

Chimps are tough SOB's.

DEATH TO THE PRIMATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess I would attack to if I was caged up all the time, though no way I am knawing on some feet and nuts :)

AAAAAaaaaaAAAAAAaaaaaaAAAAAaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaAAAAAAAAAA! (Tarzan yell)

Bundolo! (Tarzan talk to animals)

AAAAAaaaaaAAAAAAaaaaaaAAAAAaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaAAAAAAAAAA! (Tarzan yell)

Bundolo! (Tarzan talk to animals, again)

Elephants gather, flap ears, trumpet and generally look mad about something.

Water buffalo stampede.

Troops of gorillas vine-swing through the trees.

Tigers roar and slink through the jungle.

Lions gather old eyeglasses.

It is the insurrection!

Me and the quadrupeds are taking over!

Me Tarzan, Gadget

You, in big trouble!

PS: If you bring cake for one chimp, you should bring cake for ALL of the chimps!

Re-locating gas tank in 43 Willys

I dont know if any of u guys listen to the bob and tom show but they play this and it fits right in.

The Other Animals Are Agin' Us
By Tim Bedore 2003

Did you see that in the paper the other day about those carp in the Mississippi River jumping into boats and bonking fisherman in the head? It's true. They're called big head carp, they're from Asia and they're attacking and severely injuring many fisherman.

Biologists claim the roar of boat motors agitates and excites these carp and they jump towards the sound but I think these biologists are naively missing an obvious connection. Fish are attacking fisherman. For the fish it's get them before they get you, kill or be killed. Even if these fisherman are practicing catch and release, that's a very painful, embarrassing experience for any fish and apparently they have had it.

What about the increase in mountain lion attacks? Great White sharks moving closer to shore? Moose have been showing up in towns and stomping on people. A squirrel was in my living room last spring. Am I the only one that sees a pattern here? People, wise up! The other animals are against us. It doesn't take a genius to see there's an inter-species conspiracy to thwart the urban expansion of man.

How do the squirrels fit in? Surveillance. They spy on what we people are doing in the cities and report back to the bigger species out there on the front lines.

And taken together these other species represent walking, we hope not yet talking, scratching, biting weapons of mass destruction. And if these other species can convince the insect world, for example a well known anti-human group like the killer bees, to join up our way of life and our democracy could be history.

The skeptical may ask why would these other species want to hurt us? Obviously, they hate us. They are jealous of our way of life. We swim in chlorinated, safe environment pools, then towel off and have an adult beverage. They are stuck eating sludge in the Mississippi, a river polluted by guess who: their mortal enemy man. And to top it all off we eat them.

This invasion of Asian carp is no accident. This is stage one of their well planned attack. We ignore the obvious at our own peril.

We can no longer sit back and wait for them to attack us. It's time we adopt a new doctrine regarding these other animals. We have to wipe out any and all species who are a lined against us, wherever they are. We can not rest until every big head carp, great white shark, mountain lion, moose and squirrel and any other species that associates with them are defeated.

If the U.N. wants to get involved fine, if not we can do it alone. Of course the British will show up, they always do, but we will fight to protect our way of life. And if you don't agree, you're an unpatriotic idiot who hates America.

Rancho VS. Superlift

I always knew those things were ferocious! Never ever stick your fingers in the cage to poke an animal.......use a stick it's safer that way. :lol:

Sully said:
I always knew those things were ferocious! Never ever stick your fingers in the cage to poke an animal.......use a stick it's safer that way. :lol:

Or your buddy's finger..... :lol:

Trans Problem Help!

i could not imagine being in his shoes... or shoe

Back