Cherokee Lift Suggestions???

mujaman

i have a 97 cherokee with 30x9.50 BFG all-terrains and AR-767 15x8 wheels. i really want to get a nice looking (and functional) lift sometime soon. the largest i really want to go is 3"... because after that some more serious and costly modifications and upgrades are required. what is everybody's opinion on the best way to go about this lift? i'm definitely going with a suspension lift... body lifts aren't even gonna be taken into consideration. if i had the money, i would get an old man emu 3" lift... but thats a little too pricey. what are some of the better companies to look in to? any help would be appreciated!!![addsig]

i put a 3" rustys complete rear spring pack lift, shipped to my door for $550, total for everything to get installed was $750... also includes my cost to buy a dremel, sawzall blades, penetrant, and such. i had tools on hand. rented a spring compressor from pep boys. (PS, if you want to buy a spring compressor, don't just rent the pepboys one and not return it ($50), sears sells new ones for $40)

check out my website, i have a whole writeup on my lift in the 'tech' section...

edited by: dingus, Apr 22, 2003 - 09:10 AM[addsig]

Get the 3" kit from Rusty's Offroad with the hydro shocks, it's smooth onroad and works well offroad. I had to lower the tranfercase 1/2" when I lifted our '98 XJ 3", there was a slight driveshaft vibration. All Jeeps are different, you may not need to, just drive afterwards and see.

I wouldn't suggest a drop bracket for the front track bar, just center the front axle and re-drill the lower mount horizontal from the stock hole. No steering modifications needed, except for an alignment after the lift.[addsig]

Back