check this out

Planetary gearing for fast line speed and sure hold
They call 4.5ft. per minute fast line speed :roll: Cheap made in china winch with a weak motor that may or may not burn up under a heavy load. It's risky.

The Ramsey winch lists "USA" but not "Made in the USA", hmmm. I've read long debates and the consensus is it's made in China as well. I'd buy it over the HarborFreight winch for the name and larger motor.

You get what you pay for, and the track record of these two winches has been spotty. Some last, some burn up quick.

Save your money and get an entry-level Warn that's made in America with higher quality control and better warranties. (I know, easy for me to say, I have two Warns :wink: )

How often have you needed a winch in the past? How many times have you had to not go due to the need for a winch? If you bought a new winch how often would you use it? Is a winch the most importiant mod needed for my Jeep at this time?

This is the type of question I would be asking myself and then the answers will tell you if you need a winch or not. After you know in your heart that a winch is like so needed so much more than any other item for the beloved Jeep, Do like Bounty Hunter said and buy a good one.

I have only a very few times needed a winch. I have a small winch on the front of my CJ that came with it and Never really use it. It is good if the strap is a bit short or to move a little but I can do the same thing with a good come along. Just might take a little longer but I can do it. If ever I pay good money for one it will be a Warn.

tug

Back