check engine light

luis

Ok when I plug a computer into my tj a code pops up but my check engine light isn't on. I know the check engine light works cuz it comes on when I turn the ignition on. The code is p0171 system to lean on bank 1.. i replaced the o2 sensors. Im thinking a cat is clogged I can smell a funky smell when i drive. Jeep runs great I'm stumped

They will have a pending code for a bit giving the sensor a chance to correct it's values back to normal. If the ECM keeps getting the errant signal from your sensor it should eventually turn the CEL on. Mine took about 60 miles to recognize and trigger a light.

Sent from my iPod touch using Jeepz

Chip01TJ said:
They will have a pending code for a bit giving the sensor a chance to correct it's values back to normal. If the ECM keeps getting the errant signal from your sensor it should eventually turn the CEL on. Mine took about 60 miles to recognize and trigger a light.

Sent from my iPod touch using Jeepz

I know I drove it quite a bit maybe bout 75 miles

Saddle Tramp said:
Did you clear the code? If not do that and drive it at least 20 miles to reset the computer.

I have but still coming up but the light doesn't come on

the engine light probabley is seeing a problem, just maybe not significant enough to throw the light on, I see it a lot at the shop, however it eventually will usually after a start up for whatever reason, lean codes can often come from air leaks...broke vaccum lines, bad intake gasket things like that.

Tyler Bates said:
the engine light probabley is seeing a problem, just maybe not significant enough to throw the light on, I see it a lot at the shop, however it eventually will usually after a start up for whatever reason, lean codes can often come from air leaks...broke vaccum lines, bad intake gasket things like that.

I'm gona check manifold gasket and replace it anyway

Back