Cheap tricks

my dad told me that an aircraft landing light will turn night into day and you can get them for like $5-25. anyone had any experience with these? he said his neighbor had one and they'd play basketball at night with it.

For lining up a transmission to the engine dowel pins, stick a long screwdriver through each of the pilot holes then in through the dowel pin holes in the block. It guides the transmission right to the dowel pins when you slide it forward.
Another is: Before you go to slide your transfer case back into position, put a handful of grease on the shaft splines (be it male or female). It will require a lot less wiggling and cursing to get the shafts to spline up. The grease will basically dissolve into the transfer case fluid.
Another trick (maybe not so cheap) is to start replacing all of your nuts with Nyloc nuts...the ones with the plastic inserts in the ends. You will have less loose bolts over the years and less breakage as a result.

oooh i hate nylock nuts... you have to wrench the entire thing on/off... i like being able to spin them with my fingers... so much easier... though.. the convenience of them staying on does help

Yeah, there's some give and take. Once they are on they stay put though. Use them in combination with a grade 8 bolt and then you have something.

Krylon Olive Drab rattle can paint job. Under $3 per can at hell-mart!

Men after My Own Heart! Got to love a Rattle Can Jeep! Nothing says I aint scared to go off roading like a flat green or camo paint job!

Hey L33TJ33P is that me there watching and laughing at you all about to turn the little bit over in Adams hole there in your pic? hehehehe!!!! tug

Tug-n-pull said:
Men after My Own Heart! Got to love a Rattle Can Jeep! Nothing says I aint scared to go off roading like a flat green or camo paint job!

And Tugly set the standard.

ive found a quick and cheap way to make quick discos for yjs, you could probably do almost the same with tjs but they wouldnt come off entirely. first off you have to get the connections off, unbolt the bottom and grind off the top, then get the stud out of the sway bar, cut grind drill whatever you have to do to get it out, i had to grind it flush then drill it out and beat out what was left of it, then go buy some clevis pins long enough to go through the sway bar and connections with a few holes left, buy several washers and two trailer hitch pins, pop the connections back on the bottom stud, the on on the leaf springs, and the put the clevis pin with a washer on through the backside of the sway bar and through the connection, add washers as necessary to get a tight fit and pop in the hitch pin, you can do the same for the front trac bar as well buy replacing the bolt with a clevis pin and some washers and a hitch pin

also another note, i put the bolts back on the bottom stud hand tight so that the connections stay on for sure but i do kno some people how run without the bolt entirely and havent ever had it slide off the bottom mount

Back