Changing out rotors...

Jeep#3

Today I TRIED to replace the rotors on my 2001 Cherokee but the rotors I bought rubbed on the inside metal rotor guard. So I brought them back and was given the CORRECT rotors. Well, I tried these rotors on and these rubbed also!!! So I put the old rotors back on until I buy the correct rotors. That is a problem in itself because every parts store I went to, they say that a 2001 has 2 different rotors. The Jeep dealer said that only 1 rotor is made for the 2001... So i am confused!!! The rotors I had today had an inside diameter of about 6" and the other ones that I tried had an inside diameter of about 6-3/8". The rotors that came off my truck have a 6-3/8" inside diameter. I am confused! Has anyone else had this type of problem?

Thanks!!! :-? :-? :-? :-x [addsig]

I put power slot rotors on the front of my YJ and they fit awesome! Expensive alternative, but might be worth the try.[addsig]

hmm... if i were you i'd pull the rotors off and drag them into the parts store when you go. that way you can hold them up to eachother (and measure things like diameter and any offsets) to be sure that you're only doing this job ONCE... :)[addsig]

It could be that you still have enough meatal left on your old rotors, all you need to do is have them turned. If possible, you could save lots of money. :-? [addsig]

If you've not gotten done yet, my friend ran into this this weekend, after three trips to the store... rotors for a 99 were the macth for his 2000 Cherokee... good luck
[addsig]

Back