Catskill Jamborre

had no idea there was one in the catskills..Mmm..i'm pretty clsoe to it I might go..but its like 250 bucks. ya could always get a jeepz thing goin up there insted of payin 250 to ride with teh jamboree guys. lemme know if ya want to swing somthing like that.[addsig]

omly problem is there is no legal offroad trails in new york. The jamboree is completely on private land. Where are you in ny. I lived in the catskills, in westchester, in nyc, and now in L.I. [addsig]

i'm in NJ a town away from the GWB. I go snowboarding all the time in the catskills so i don't mind the ride. Its only ilegal if you get caught right? what police car will chase us in the trails? i don't think crown vic's can climb rocks easy. well..when the jamboree isn't going on whats going on with the land they use?[addsig]

Had my share of tresspassing. Always get in trouble and make land owners very mad. Had my share of guns pointed and fired at us buy land owners and police when we were kids. Always abide buy tread lightly and get permission from land owner on paper. The Jamboree says if anyone comes back they could lose the land use rights. The trails are very rocky and there are a few river crossings. All in all the jamboree was fun. Best bet is to do the pine barrons or paragon if we could get a few ny and nj trucks together to go. [addsig]

i think jeepz.com trail week for 2004 is in paragon. but i'm up for anything. besides..paragon we need what 3 cars min. i can't find that in my area. people don't wheel near me.[addsig]

i think theres some people on the site that live near paragon. The paragon jamboree is in a couple of weeks also. Great place to meet locals.
[addsig]

in NYS, there are plenty of offroad trails, legal... especially here in western ny... in fact.. the DEC will lend keys to the trails that were designed to be driven on by "trucks"... plenty out here[addsig]

Not down here in the lower part of the state. Every peice of state land in the catskills is desegnated forever free. Its written into the states constitution or something like that that the specific use can never be changed. Hunting,fishing,game preserve and hiking only. There are access roads but you can drive a car up these except in the winter. Massachusettes or NJ or Pa is our closest wheeling. We used to run the power line roads years ago but now there all fenced off. Then we resorted to old railroad tracks but now they have made bike paths out of those. Out in long island there is still some beach fishing access that allows you to drive on the beach but only in designated areas and you must carry tackle, rods, porta poty and more. The metro area sucks for people with jeeps. Most jeep ownwers dont even consider the fact that the jeep is an offroad vehicle when they buy it. Most never used 4wL.[addsig]

Back