carb problem seems to have returned

Jeepster05

I left work to go get some grub tonight and while driving through the parking lot the thing stalled. I thought I conquered this little problem but i guess not. ill go get some more gumout tomorrow and see whta i can do since i broke the can i bought last time .
has anyone had this reoccuring problem??[addsig]

Sometime back I had the same stalling problem and while there were a lot of suggestions of what to look for I ended up replacing both intake and exhaust manifold gaskets (vacuum leak) and replacing this miserable thing they call a Carter carbuerator. $850 later the problem ceased to exist. But I have been assured that someday, somewhere you are least expecting it the problem will return. So much of it is tied to the carb and vacuum system. I think these old Wranglers are a money pit!!! Good Luck :-O [addsig]

While spraying your carb. cleaner listen for changes in RPM. Use ether or WD-40 and spray around the base and throttle shafts. These shafts can wear and cause vacuam leaks! Cheaply rebuilt carbs. do not replace these. Or it could be hoses or lines. And there's a lot of them! :) [addsig]

Back