can't decide if i should try to do the front myself... any i

dingus

okay, i'm about half way done the rear axle on my 3" rustys' (complete rear spring pack) lift, and i'm quite discouraged right now. each bolt on the front of the leaf spring has broken. they need to get cut out with a cutting torch, which will happen in a few minutes. my question... is the front gonna be just as hard? should i plan on more broken bolts? i already rented a spring compressor so i don't have to worry about that... but i do'nt wanna deal with any more broken bolts! i could prolly pay a shop to install the springs/shocks and get the alignment done for a hundred bucks or so... anyone else have a similar experience? hopefully someone will tell me the front is easier because of such-and-such...

-nate[addsig]

That's very common with an XJ. The front should be easier. I'd recommend buying a can of PB Blaster, it's the best penetrant on the market. Spray the shock mounts now, while you're still working on the back. Spray the upper sway bar nuts, and the lower track bar bolt.

You shouldn't need the spring compressor for the front, I didn't for 3" Rusty's coils. When you let the axle droop completely on one side, be sure to disconnect the lower track bar bolt to let it droop further. You may have to raise the opposite end of the axle slightly for more droop on the side you are working on.[addsig]

Back