can someone please host something for me?????

for anyone who has hosting problems... you can download server software to host files from your own computer... but... you must also have your computer, and the server software, turned on for anyone to access the files... i do this for many of my files

Snitty said:
for anyone who has hosting problems... you can download server software to host files from your own computer... but... you must also have your computer, and the server software, turned on for anyone to access the files... i do this for many of my files

firewall issues, not available for purpley's computer.

Purpley, I'll do it, just email the file to me, and I'll email you the location.

Hi,

you can download server software to host files from your own computer

Note that turning your computer into a server is a potentially dangerous move, unless you have taken proper measures in securing it. I'd be very very hesitant to allow any computer which I have important files on to act as a server accessable to the internet, especially if it is running windows 95/98/ME. Windows 2000/NT/XP are safer, but still lack alot in security :roll:

At the very least you should use decent firewall software and/or hardware if you want to use your computer as a server.

By the way, Apache webserver is one of the more popular HTTP server programs, and is very easy to install and setup :mrgreen:

-Nick :!:

Thanks guys.. Mingez and I got it worked out. The movie is posted. Thaks again.

Back