bump stops

jasonmolinar

So I just got done putting the lift in my jeep today, but left the front bump stops out. Is it really a big deal if I have those things in there or not?

I believe depending on tire size, under good flex, the tire may hit the fender damaging both. Also when a shock bottoms out or runs out all the way it eventually damages the shock. If you don't wheel much though, no sweat. If daily driving causes that much suspension compression that it gets to the bump stops, yalls roads really suck!

I lifted mine 4" to run 33's and extended the bumprstops. My tires STILL hit the body in the rear at max flex...

Repeated over-compression of the springs without proper bumpstops will greatly shorten the life of the spring, causing them to sag prematurely.

bumpstops are more important than they seem, to me at least. when i just had big mud trucks i thought they were pointless but when i got my jeep and started crawling a little i saw just how important they are. unless you have tons of clearance and like replacing shocks and springs a lot i would use em.

droop on the jeep is good, but droop on other things is def not good!;)

Back