Bling Bling on my Heep, no joke!

jps4jeep

Super Moderator
Well it has been a long time coming since my YJ got to see any real TLC in the Bling department, But I broke down and made a bunch of strategic purchases to improve ol' squeeky. And for those of you who know me, not much of this is stuff I would buy, I am a die hard don't replace it if it is not broken guy, But I figured why not!
image-missing.png

First up is my Warn 9.5 ti winch hippy!
image-missing.png

image-missing.png

My old front and rear bumpers
image-missing.png

New OR Fab front bumper, with my hella's re-mounted
image-missing.png

image-missing.png

I also added a set of piaa's into the hole that use to hold the frame cover, keep em nice and high up so they too don't fall victem of rocks.
image-missing.png

image-missing.png

I also added a set of kc slim lites mounted on Polished Stainless windshield mounts BLING BLING
image-missing.png

To further the BLING status, I got a set of TJ hood hold downs and made them fit the YJ, took a little grinding, but they are on.
image-missing.png

New Rear bumper
image-missing.png

And Tire Swing. Believe it or not, I have had that tire for two and a half years, but I always carried it around in the back seat. but... This is made by Garvin industry's and this is one of the best ones I could find. If you have never put a bumper on a YJ it is not easy (TJ's are a little easier cause no rear shackle) But the included the rear cross member boltsin this bracket and you held it up there, tighten it down the break it off, here are some pics of that
image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

I also chose this one cause it works for any lug pattern, and My D44's are 6 lug! also it is a tow rated bumper so I can haul my motorcycle! I have a couple more do-dads to do, like I got Polished Stainless rear hinger cause mine are rusted pretty bad and sag, some back up lights and flush mount LED rears.

I see you have been busy. Nice bling.......

Did you ever get the TJ gas filler to work? I remember you writing a post about it a while back. I still haven't had much time to get mine done. New bling looks nice, front bumper looks Hella nice. Some pun intended.

The day is upon us...

It looks great!

Well, except for the hood clamps. I'm partial to the old "T handle" type, kinda nostalgic, but hey the same arguement is made against our headlights so to each their own ;)

Hi-Ya jps4jeep,

Very cool bling!

Your Jeep looks like it is smiling in pics 4 and 5. :D

In pic 12 there is a white wire which appears to be lying on the tailpipe. That wire appears to be a ground wire, but the wire insulation eventually might burn through.

Regards,

Gadget

MerkL said:
Did you ever get the TJ gas filler to work? I remember you writing a post about it a while back. I still haven't had much time to get mine done. New bling looks nice, front bumper looks Hella nice. Some pun intended.
I accually just bought the hole saw for it yesturday, Ironic huh. I am gonna try to do it in the next couple days. It took a while to find the correct hose for the filler, it is a odd size I guess, but my local WEST MARINER had it! I love the boat shop!

As for the TJ clamps, I have had two sets of YJ ones on there, and they suck to get off in the winter when it is -30 degree's outside! and they always rust!

As for the wire, that is for the trailer and it usually get stuck up inbetween the frame and gas skid, but if you look close you will notice that the gas skid is hanging a little low, cause I had to drop it to get the brackets on. But the wires are high and dry!
image-missing.png

See the skid hanging down.

Put the rear flood lights on yesturday!

very nice johnny! i heard we're going to take a trip to NH in a few weeks?

Johnny your new bling looks nice.......Hey is that the sahara in pic #3? Hows it going you still going to do something with it?

purpleyjgirl said:
Johnny your new bling looks nice.......Hey is that the sahara in pic #3? Hows it going you still going to do something with it?
Thanks Ya, I have been collecting parts for it, but I need to use it first to pock up the D44 axles for the 94, then I will tear the 89 down to the frame and start from scratch!

Back