Black Rims-A Jeep Tradition

jeepmaster

has any one noticed that black american racing rims are the first thing that everyone seems so buy for their jeep? maybe its a teen thing cause i see all sorts of kids at my school putting them on their jeeps that have never seen offroad. next comes the lift, but still no mud "i dont want to get mud all over it" "why would i get my jeep scratched up and muddy?" its ridiculous, people like that shouldnt be allowed the pleasure of owning a jeep. a clean jeep is a deprived jeep. i realize that having black rims doesnt have anything to do with being able to offroad, but i was wondering if anyone else has this problem in their cities (i.e. people spending $ to make their jeeps super offroad yet they wont even drive them when its raining) kk maybe not that bad but you get my idea - master[addsig]

Look at the bright side, They are spending all of Daddys money making the Blvd. Crusiers that look and act like Offroad Jeeps. They are the same ones that will get tired of the bumpy ride, and then sale it cheap for a down payment on a civic or some other Jap crap. Keep you eye on these guys and make them use your ideas on what the real jeep should have on it. Then tell em if you ever want to sell this hunk of junk I would like a crack at it first. Let them build your jeep for you! Just a thought Tug[addsig]

I like my rims 'cause if I screw one up...it's only $50 to replace...not $150...and they look rough and tough with afro puffs cool.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

oh i totally agree with you natty, they're the best wheels for the money. and they look perfect on every jeep ive ever seen. - master[addsig]

wheels are the last thought i have on my highschool teenager jeep. its still damn stock but i havn't missed a weekend in the woods since i bought it. when i get bigger tires this winter, ill need new rims, and ill buy the cheapest ones i can. i dont see the vaule in $200 wheels when the $50 ones will roll just the same. as for the black, its just different, and look pretty cool. i could always just screw the offroading and put a drop, body skirt and civic wire rims on it....[addsig]

I have chrome AR rims on my teenie bopper looking jeep. I love the look of the black ones, too. They look tough! I use to get all upset on pwoplw with "off-road" vehicles, that never take them off road. But now I've come to the conclusion that I don't want them going off road. I'll be the one having to help get them unstuck. Also it's those type of people that ruin off roading! They tear up trails and wild life. I don't want my few trails taken away from me. These are like the same kids that only go downhill mountain biking and ruin all the trails that I bike on. Let them keep their Jeeps on the road and in great shape, then when I have the money I'll buy a 5 or 6 year old jeep in perfect condition, for almost nothing. Then make it do what it's designed for.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back