Bad news about BBJ

Snitty

Some of you know him, some of you don't, but most of you have at least heard of him...

I have talked to a couple of you on AIM and told you of his recent accomplishments at the dyno shop. His 94 Camaro Z28 has been going through some heavy modification in the past few years... We supercharged it last year. Everything except the bottom end has been done. Well into thousands of hours we have put into it. Well... here is one of the dyno sheets, i have yet to scan the torque sheet....
image-missing.png

As you can see, we accomplised 475.8 hp at the wheels... that is approx. 580 hp at the motor... quite impressive for a stock bottom end 350 LT1... His torque topped out at 452.2... the dyno expert expected about 420 for each figure. So we were quite happy with the results

BUT... on the way home, it was raining, so there was NO way he could get on it and see what it was capable of after tuning. This was YESTERDAY... so today, it was quite nice here. So he brought it into town, and was just about to gather all of us to show us the newly tuned monster. He was 10 minutes away from getting to the interstate to see what all of our work was worth. He stopped at the car wash to clean it off a bit... as he pulled in, his check engine light came on... then he pulled over to check his laptop, which is always communicating with the ECU, to see what was wrong... MAT sensor (manifold air temp)... then there was smoke, so he thought "probably oil or coolant leaking somewhere, not very good"... THEN comes flames... then comes more flames... then more flames... so he grabbed his computer and a few more belongings, and got out of the car... there he stood, watching 8ft flames rise from his car... melting the body, taking the interior, just totally consuming everything...

It is estimated that the fire started at the fuel rail... which is the ONLY part under the hood that the dyno expert touched, to change the injectors from 24# to 42#..

so much time, so much money, so much work... down the drain...

we can only hope that the insurance will cover it all

At first I thought that the pic was of a heart moniter. :roll: Dude that sucks really bad! You were just telling me last night about it and the next day its up in flames! So sorry BBJ. What is he gonna do now?

Boy do I know how that feels... in a way. 2 years ago I finally finished restoring my 67 mustang, then I hit a deer on the parkway going almost 80, doing alot of damage to the frame etc.

Well I hope it all goes well otherwise, looks like a new project is on the horizon eh?

That sucks! At least he is OK!

I hope he was insured for the value of the vehicle if not, he has all of the recipts (how ever it is spelled).

On the good side, he can start building that yj/F250 monster you all had planned!

Well... when i gave him a ride home last night.. here is how our conversation started...

BBJ: stop at the store wouldja?
Me: Autotrader huh?
BBJ: you know it

So I guess the plans are already in action... He just bought a 383 stroker kit, and has nothing to put it in... looks like we will soon

that sucks. I feel for ya.... Same kinda thing. New Motor- Doing the Break-in-procedure my cam shatters into 7 pieces. took out everything.

ONLY 6.8 lbs of boost ? Thats (was) is very impressive !

Life does this ^ more often than not. It how fast you get up that matters.

That's why I say "Try to knock my down and you just may succeed... Try to hold me there and I promise you will bleed"

ONLY 6.8 lbs of boost ?
It is an 8 lb pulley.. but the intercooler and plumbing is expected to take up about 1.5lb... so i guess 6.8 is pretty acceptable...

Back