Back to work!

Saurian

...and just because I like sharing good news with my friends...

I will be finally starting at my new job on Monday... I always had it, but naturally, I couldn't start because the building was still in construction, and my managers still in training. I will be training to be an assistant kitchen manager, and lead trainer of all new employees... Long hours, and lots of night shifts, but I'm looking forward to getting back to work. This last month of unemployment has been hard on me... I probably should have held on to my last job longer, but I was at the point where I was either going to quit, or walk out... So, back to work for me, with a planned opening date of May 3rd... Refill my coffers, and give me something to get my mind wrapped around... I'll tell you, having all this time to sit and think has been less than good, as there are many things that I do not want to think about... But that's neither here nor there, just thought I'd share...

On an unrelated note, I may be gone from Jeepz for a while, but I also might not...

Re: RE: Re: RE: Who

That's great Sean! Congrats.

I hope it's the environment you hope it to be! Good luck!

Re: RE: Re: Vacation update

Great news!! I know what you mean about being unemployed! I was out of work from October of 2003 until August of 2004 (due to a serious back injury). What sucked about that was that I couldn't do much of anything for the first several months because of my back. Just sat around and played computer games and stared at the walls. Then I was out of work again from December of 2004 until just a couple of weeks ago, and now I'm happy as a clam!!

I wish you the best in your new endeavour! If I ever make it up to Michigan, I'll have to stop in for a bite.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Who

Congrats on the job. I too need to stay working. A week off is about as much as I can handle. After that I just start getting ansy.

Thanks thanks :)... I took my brother out there to see it today, it's looking great! About 20 minutes down the freeways from home with good traffic.

I'm gonna be gone for a while. I'll drop back in someday soon... Till then, stay cool, everyone :)

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Who

Saurian said:
About 20 minutes down the freeways from home with good traffic.

They just released a report on national averages for commuting times. Wichita was on the low end of the list at 19 minutes average one-way commute. I think New York topped the list at 38 minutes. So, a 20 minute commute ain't bad!

Side note: After all my worries about not finding a job, I finally landed one a few weeks back. Today, I got another offer from a construction company for a hardwood floor installer position. Pays $9 an hour starting, but after 90 days it goes to $15 (that's good for Kansas wages). I told them I already have a job, and they went ahead and told me I could work part time on weekends and evenings for them anyway. Thinkin' I might just do that, and keep that money for my Jeepin' mods!!

Sparky-Watts said:
Thinkin' I might just do that, and keep that money for my Jeepin' mods!!

What else WOULD you do with your money? Great news!

--I'm currently saving my money for the "Famine" time I'm about to face, when I go back to school. And I can't wait!

By the way, Sean, congrats!! Hope to see ya' back soon. Maybe mudwoman and I can drop in for a bite when we're up visiting her mother (Fenton). Next trip is Memorial Day so far!

RE: 87 yj questions

Now that you guys have settled in to new jobs, take the Jeeps to new levels (or heights!)

Congrats to both of you

Back