Back to Virginia

Saurian

Cat shoots Owner

OK, not sure where this would be posted, but I am guessing this is my best bet...

Going back down to Virginia to see my aunt again. She lives in Powhatan. Anyone from around there who knows of any decent wheeling areas for a stocker XJ? She used to have a Jeep, and enjoyed it, but that was a while ago, if we could do some wheeling, that would be awesome...

Also, in Virginia, do you need a permit or anything to do something like that? In Michigan, you need a Michigan DNR ORV sticker, at least, you do if you live here.

Will be driving through Ohio, Pennsylvania, Maryland, and a bit of West Virginia, I want to say... So, if you see a blue XJ with Michigan Jeepers round red white and blue stickers on it tooling down your highways and biways, honk at me or something, would love to come across a fellow Jeepzer...

Incidentally, I'll be leaving Monday in the AM (14th), and returning on the 20th, give or take, might be early on the 21st. No internet access, most likely, so I won't be talkin to ya... But that's a couple days away, just a heads up in case you think I fell off the face of the earth or something...

DUDE! Which highways are you taking down? Maybe some of us could meet ya for coffee or something. I'm on the way down to VA myself, in MD.

If not, have a great trip anyway!
Heather

Let me look at the directions here...

I-75 Southbound to I-280, I-80 East, I-76 East, I-70 East, I-270 South, I-495 South, I-95 South, I-195 South, Virginia 76 South... I'd love to meet some of ya... Planning on leaving Michigan around 5:00 AM on the 14th, that's a Monday. Hopefully, this puts me in Virginia around 3-5:00 PM...

RE: FINALLY got a rear brake hose for the SOA

shoe creek in va is fun, its a nice little trail for stockers to run. if you want more info hit me up

RE: This is FUN!!! Try IT!

I do, I DO... How close are we talking to the powhatan/richmond area, and in Virginia, do you need a magic sticker issued by the state/county/whatnot to go wheeling?

Saurian, I wish you luck when you get back. I've been gone for 3 days with no internet, been on here 2 hours, and still haven't caught up with my post reading. Maybe you should consider hitting an "internet cafe" or something!! :lol:

When your on 80 in Ohio and you come up to exit 180 ( I think thats what it is called) Route 8, You will be about fifteen minutes away from my house....too bad I will be at work.
Have a safe trip and watch for our State Troopers!

RE: Re: SM420 Transmission

the shoe creek trail is about an 1.5-2hrs total from richmond and no you dont need any stickers to run the trail

Re: RE: Cat shoots Owner

_(OIIIIO)_Jeeper said:
Sparky-Watts said:
Nobody ever comes to Kansas..... :cry:

too many tornados ! Don't want to wind up like Dorethy and Toto! :lol:

Awrright, buddy!! Dem's fightin' werds!!! :lol: Hey, what part of Arkansas are you in? It wouldn't be that far for either of us to meet at a wheelin' park near Fort Scott, Kansas if you're up in the NW corner. Fort Scott is in the SE corner of the state, about 3 1/2 hours from me.

Dana 35 diff.cover

Hmm... That's not too unreasonable of a drive, at any rate, as I will be down there for a good week... If anyone will be near my area of freeway, as in, not too excessively out of my way, though exzcessive is a very flexible word, PM me, and I can give ya my cell # and such, would be cool to meet up with some of ya...

And Mud, I might just do that, could probably go to the local neighborhood library or somethin...

Trxus Tires for Sale+more

Saurian you'll be passing about 30 mins from where I work on Monday. Too bad it won't be a weekend. If you want to leave early we're running at Paragon tomorrow morning. YOu could crash at a place up there I hear they're cheap. We have guys in my club running stockers so you'll definately have people wheeling good trails to suit your Jeep. I plan to run the blues but if you show I'll run the green trails in the morning with ya! You'd need to be there around 8am.

I'd offer you a place to crash but we are tight as can be till we move to PA.

www.Paragonap.com has directions & lodging info on their site. If you have a CB we will monitor channel 7. If not don't sweat it just PM me and I'll give you my cell#.

Long shot I know but you are welcome and I hope you go.

Aaah, I wish I could, and I would, but I am going to the Mounds closer tomorrow, it's our local park, they close for 2 months for the spring thaw, and the last run is tomorrow... Thank you very much for the offer, though, I really appreciate it... Not like I'm never gonna go back, so you never know what time will bring :)

Mounds Closer!!! Today (3/13/2005)

OK, I PMed my cell to a few of ya that might be in the area... If anyone comes on posting that they would like to have it, regarding a possiblilty of meeting some of you along the way, please PM them the PM that I sent ya... Coming back on the 20th sometime, so will basically be driving the reverse route... I should be on tonight for Jeepz Chat, so see you all then:) Now, I've got some wheeling to do :twisted:

I'm here, and it's absolutely lovely... Can't wait to do some wheeling later in the week... Cell gets no service, but if anyone has anymore ideas on places to go wheeling in Virginia, post 'em here, I can get to the library and check on them...

Talk to you all when I get back, should hopefully be in time for Sunday Night Jeepz Chat!

Sean/Saurian

RE: Re: Comparing Cherokees

I'm back :) Of course, a ton to catch up on... Wow... No wheeling down there, but getting away for some just chilling, in temperatures actually reaching ABOVE 50, that was nice...

Back