Back from an awsome trip......PICS are up!

Sully

Tennessee Labor Day Ride!

Father and son leaving for a action packed day.
image-missing.png
Well,today my dad and I headed out to lockwood today at about 9:00 this morning,and we arrived at lockwood at about 10:20.We stopped at a gas station,and when we came back,the jeep wouldnt start!We think there was a short somewhere so we pushed it out of the station and down a hill and attemped to bumb start the jeep.It worked.We decided to go look at the trail head and see how the trail looked.We decided to risk it and go on in the trail.We just told ourselves that we cant stall!At the trail head we met a group of big scouts.
image-missing.png
We asked if we could ride with them and they said sure.So,we started out behind these three scouts,but then after about a mile up the trail,the last scout in line stopped,and turned around.He told us that he was having some serious problems with the power steering,so he went home.
image-missing.png

We caught up to the other scouts and told them what had happened,then we decided to say good bye to our new friends.
image-missing.png

image-missing.png
We passed them and took some pics,in the backround you can see the awsome trail with tons of switch backs.We met another group of of guys and there toyota's,we were about to go down one of the dead end trails when a guy at the trail head told us the toy's were all piled up in the dead end trail,and where turning around.So,we went up the next trail to our right.The trail started out nice and sandy with ruts and rocks scattered all over the trail.
image-missing.png

image-missing.png
It wasnt until we where half way up this trail when we realized we were in for a ride!The trail began to switch back and forth about 15 times,the the trail got tougher with some big builders and tree trunks.Then we came around another switch back only to find more boulders and ruts.It was so much fun though and we didnt even get stuck once.
Then we started to head down into another canyon,we could see a stream and about five jeeps,so we headed on down and talked with those guys for a while.Then we crossed the stream and headed up a steap rocky trail.About five miles into the trail we came up on a rubicon,a cj5,and a toyota hillux.We followed the rubicon for a while and man did the trail get tough.There was a one mile section of nothing but huge rocks,we followed the rubi and watched his lines.We tried one of them and no good.He has lockers and can just roll right up these rocks.We stalled the jeep in the middle of the section.Man was that a mistake.The guy in the rubicon stopped and got out and helped me push the jeep off this rock.We did so and my dad bumb started the jeep in reverse.Then I let my dad try the trail,he hit it and without lockers it was going to be a real, tough spot to get up.He stalled it.And man were we mad.It took us onother ten minutes to bumb start it again and he charged at the hill being lockerless he used his momentum and good lines to make it up the rocky section.He jammed up the hill and made it past the hardest part,but kept on going up the trail.But wait,I am out of the jeep about 1/4 mile down the trail watching him go up,Crap!I gotta catch him and jump in!I climbed up the steep trail sweating bullets in the 100 degree weather,finnally I caght up to him.Good thing for us,my dad made it up the trail without broking any parts.The only problem we had was gas started leaking from the carberater.But we couldnt figure out how.It is like it splashed its way out of the carb.Weird huh?We finally made it to the top of the trail which ended on top of alamo mountain.A crueling 20 miles in 5 hours.After we made it to the top we cruised down the mountain.Drove into gorman offroad park and went to check out the offroad practice area.
We first went to the rock section and we couldnt enter because some guy in his little toyota tocome got high centered and had to be towwed out by anothercj7.
image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png
Man was that thing a beast.We headed over to the articulation piramid and I took my poser pic in front of the jeep.Here you guys go.
image-missing.png
Then we left gorman and headed for the highway.We cruised on home with no problems and now here I am typeing my day out for you guys.Thanks for letting me tell you guys about my great day.Later :) Sully

Malibu Canival

Since I dont know how to delete posts,I will write something that is not a double post.I dunno why I made it so long,I never knew I was cabable of writing stuff that long. :lol: I guess I just got carried away.Oh well,something for you all to read.

Hey Sully!
Sounds like a blast except for you running up the hill!

By the way... In your signature... what happened to the "Smile, Jesus Loves You"???

I deleted my old one and once I can put my jeep pic in the sig I will have it back up.

Hey Sully you are getting a real hard jeeper look going on there. Trails looked great and the jeep is real nice. Glad you had fun! tug

Sully!

Way to go dude, looks like you had a blast for sure. Sorry I wasn't to repsonsive on IM last night, I was tired. lol It took me a minute to connect what you said then to now. The wheeling out there looks awesome!!!

Lady

ill have to try out the west coast sometime too the pics are great

Back