axle shifting

raven

:evil: after putting on a 4" suspension lift my front axle shifted an inch or 2 to the left and my back axle shifted bout the same to the right.. does anyone know what happnd and how to correct this?

the lift kit came off another 97 wrangler.. we swapted the coil springs, shocks and sway bar links.. neither one of us has ever messed with a lift kit before.. what did we or whats causin my axles to shift?

Your track bars are what caused it, you either need adjustable track bars or track bar relocation brackets. The track bar centers the axle under the vehicle, one end attaches to the axle while the opposite end attaches to the frame, as you move the axle away from the frame it will cause it to shift to the side. Adjustable track bar or relocation brackets will correct this. Adjustable track bars would be the optimum choice as the brackets have been known to come loose.

thank yall very much.. i have had my jeep for roun 5 yrs now and am finally able to fix it like i want it.. it is nice to finally b able to talk to folks wit jeeps that can help out.. glad i found this forum and joined it.. yall keep tha roll bars vertical and tha wheels rollin..

ooooooooooooook. so i put in front and rear adjustable track bars for a 4" lift kit and my axles r still not inline like they should b.... whats tha matter with my axles??????????????

You have to adjust the track bars so the axle is centered again. Take it to an alignment shop.

Back