Are steel wheels evil?

Maybe they meant buying aftermarket steel wheels.

Thay tend to be crap compared to factory. Thinner, more easily bent and chintzy coating start to rust sooner.

Hard to beat a factory wheel. Steel or aluminum.

I know everbody has this fetish for HAVING to get different wheels. If you really want to be different, get a good factory wheel that is not normally seen on your type of vehicle.
Its usually cheaper than aftermarket and everybody and his brother has black soft 8s so they can be "different"

image-missing.png

Nice wheels, DREDnot... Those are exactly what I put on mine when I went to 16 inch (off a Liberty). They are strong and compact (only 7 inches wide). The tires stay tucked in to the flairs - John

i have a set of 4 16'' steel and a set of 5 15'' steel wheels for a wrangler 4.5x5 bolt pattern their used but in good shape if ne1 wants them. they r stock jeep wheels. i will get u pics if u want them.

I have ran a variety of wheels on my Jeep. Aluminum are great, but I prefer to use steel. The steel is just so much more fun for me. People complain about polishing aluminum, but try and polish steel. My fingers ache just thinking about it. As to tires. Some like narrow tires and they are good. My jeep though has never had anything smaller then 31x10.50. When my Dad first bought my jeep back in 73, He ordered it with 15x10 wheels. Its had them ever since

Back