Anyone get thier 2003 Holiday Quad Jeep Essentials Magazine?

LadyJeepFreak

:roll: :idea: I did and boy is it going to be a poor next year. LOL I calculate about two to three thousand dollars of stuff I want for the Jeep.

Now I just have to line it all out and balance my budget. lol

One of the biggest things is that I have been wanting a nice bumber set that goes with a winch. I found this Warn Rock Crawler bumper that is just the top. I love it, for a nice price tag of course. Everything comes seperate. lol A nice way to make more money.

So, I am making my christmas list. You?

Lady

Careful with the Rear Rock Bumpers for the TJ's. They require you to drop the gas tank to install them. I would already have one but I seam to fill my tank just before I remember that I want one.

also..i made the mistake of not reading the description well. If you plan on getting the tire carrier..don't buy the rear bumper..tire carrier comes with one. so..that cost me a good amount to send back..stupid heavy bumpers..other then that..the install was pretty simple..dropping the gas tank wasn't much fun..but wasn't too hard..yeah..make sure its almost empty.
I got my eye on the winderness rack that you can tilt back to take off the soft top..man..600 bucks, but damn pretty.

I saw that rack too, they do have some nice rack systems. I like the small one that kind of sits on top of your spare tire carrier. Speaking of those, to buy one that fits bigger tires (up to 35) it is like 400 bucks. Geez. I think that is insane.

Lady

Also, if you decide Needs over Wants you will find that it isn't nearly as expensive as you were thinking. I am working on Armor at this time. Poisonspyder Rocker knockers and Trail corners. 3/16" plate steal to protect your Tub isn't a bad investment. But I am still fighting withmyself to just Camo it up and be done with it.

I checked out the catalog last night...man, Santa's gonna need a bigger bag! :lol:

yeah i think i'ma tell santa to bring me a wilderness rack...i sure hope the elves know how to make it.

Christmas Bonus is gunna bring a Warn M8000. I don't know what Else Sante may bring. I guess it depends on what the Boss gives me. :-D

I think I could go on forever for my "wish" list.It never stops! :shock: Sully

the warn bumper will require dropping the gas tank and a couple of drilling slots in the back-this according to a jeeper in a 03TJ. i have the wilderness rack for my 99TJ. they say it's powder coated from the factory but it did start rusting in less than a year. just had to get it powder coated again and this time used rubber washers and other items that adhere to places with metal on metal contact. the manufacturer cites about a 90 minute job...it took a little over two hours and a half hours. six drill sites, loosening body mounts for various pieces took the longest. but i have stacked enough camping gear in it to redefine center of gravity at interstate speeds. amazing how it has gone up $200 since i purchased the luxury. luv sum lockers myself, winch wouldn't be that bad either.

i guess im not cool enough...i didnt get mine yet :( or maybe my dad stoll it :x he has jeep envy :twisted: i brought him into a life in the midst of talking into tradeing his chevy in for a rubicon or an old cj

It's funny, it seems that for us jeepers the dreaming of future mods and toys is almost as fun as having them.... almost. I can't tell you how much time I spend online searching for products. Or how long I stare at the numerous catalogs out there.

Ahhhhhh.... to dream.

Like with my recent gear purchase... my buddies are like: "Dude, they are just hunks of metal. How long you gonna stare at those gears man?" They just don't get it! :?

hmmmmm there plenty of stuff i want but if im gunna get it santa is goin to have to pick up my jeep and have the elves install them for me hehehe

Ive already marked off everything I want and left it out on the coffee table. Word to the wise, I bought those straps where you can adjust how far your door swings (I got sick of having to catch the door with my foot right before hitting someones car) and they were so cheapley made that the second they get any pressure they pop....so theyre not even worth it. would be nice if they made an easy attach hydraulic part for the door.

Back