Almost had a new jeep girl!

jps4jeep

Super Moderator

About two weeks ago, I sort of totaled my Fiance (is that spelled right??) 2002 grand prix GTP. Long story but a drunk @#$% T-boned us while we sat at a red light. Well time to find a new car! I have been Jeep owner for 4 plus years and she has always enjoyed jeep life as a passanger (not driver, she can't drive a 5 speed, I tried to teach her.) I tried soo hard pushing her to get a jeep! TJ Rubicon was what I was aiming for, but she was more interest in Grand Cherokee's I almost had her in the drivers seat of a 2002 V8 GC limited, jet black chrome 17 inch 5 spoke wheels. I had formulated in my head what those 17's would look like wrapped in 34x9.5r17 ssr's! Long story short she bought a 2003 Chevy ZR2 Blazer. 31"tires are ok I guess, At least it wasn't a ford![addsig]

Good try, at least it is a Chevy. My wife rolled her 3" lifted '98 XJ Classic during a heavy Christmas Eve snowstorm. It was totaled and we replaced it with an '03 Trailblazer. This Trailblazer is sweet, the 275hp 4.2L I6 really pulls my YJ well, should pull the boat really good to. Her father works for a Chevy dealer, so that swayed us away from the WJ's, although that would have been my first choice :lol: [addsig]

We test drove a trailblazer and her, not me, thought it sat too low for a truck, but they are nice. Thats why she settled on a ZR2. Next month I an going to take it offf raod and see how it fairs.
Just in case no one knows a ZR2 blazer is a two door blazer with off road suspension and 31 inch BFG's factory and 6 inch fender flares.
Before I was a jeep guy, I was a chevy guy, and always will be! [addsig]

My buddy's got a ZR2 S-10... that damn thing is unstoppable in the woods... I think you'll be happy with the blazer[addsig]

Never heard of any computer problems in the TrailBlazer, or any other common problems with them. They do sit lower than the ZR2 packages of S10 and Blazer, but I like it that way. It won't be offroad, and the wife couldn't keep the 3" lifted XJ shiny side up so a low center of gravity can be a good thing.

I will admit that this 4.2L straight six is a power monster, I'd put it up against the 4.3L Vortec any day :-O [addsig]

Some folks just will not listen to reason. lol I to feel you at least tried and the chevy was a good choice in the end. Tug[addsig]

I did a 350 swap in the '88 YJ I used to have, and if I do an engine swap in my '95 4banger it will most likely be the 4.3L Vortec V6, that too is a sweet engine.[addsig]

Back