Air Breather

wranglerman

In my wrangler I have a 4.2 L and i put a new holley carb on it. I have an open air filter now and I hate it. I cant last 10 min in the creeks before it gets flooded. Does anyone know what I can do about this?[addsig]

If you're in the creeks alot, you might want to put a snorkel on it.[addsig]

You know the stck Air box gets a bumb rap! I have though about the addition of a K&N tube and just can't seem to give it up. I have a K&N filter in the orginal box and it has never been wet so far knock on wood. I did drill a couple of 3/4 holes in the bottom of the box to let in a bit more air but has not seemed to cause any problems. Tug[addsig]

How can you put a cone air filter on a 4.2? arent all of the 4.2's carburated? :-? [addsig]

arent all of the 4.2's carburated? :-?

Yes and no. All stock 4.2L in jeeps are carbed. The 4.2L in our '03 Chevy Trailblazer is FI (all 275hp) ;-)

Try finding some black PVC and building an airtube to a dry location, then attaching a conical K&N filter to the end. You'll need a section of rubber tubing to attach the PVC to the carb neck, with hose clamps. You can run it into the cowl, under the cowl grate.[addsig]

Back