Advice on a 91 YJ

MudderChuck

Found a 91 YJ clean,very little rust (which is rare here,snow country) soft top, half doors, white with about the ugliest yellow top I´ve ever seen. The Jeep isn´t running (not unusual) appears to be an ignition problem (probably the magnetic trigger in the distributor). The motor looks as if somedody has been inside it, at one time or another (some new gaskets). There is a guy around here buying up YJ´s for export to some third world Army, at about 3 grand a pop (don´t think the seller and him know each other).

The tub, frame and running gear look great (havn´t driven it yet) 80,000 miles 4 liter.

He started dealing at $3000 I started at $600, I´m supposed to talk to him again tomorrow. I´ve got a garage full of parts (to include a motor, a couple of axles and a transfer), but it will probably need something I havn´t got. Figure it will cost me $500 to get it through inspection and probably some more to pass the smog test.

If I come home with another project Jeep my wife is liable to divorce me, but if it´s cheep enough she probably won´t say much.

What do you think?

What do you think would be a fair offer?[addsig]

its like 13 years old and doesnt run, id give him like 1500 or so for it. especially with the rust, if you say that other vehicles around there dont have it. and make sure you take off extra $ for the ugly top lol[addsig]

Back