A topic I think you might like.

last time i checked Jeeps were pretty reliable............no major problems with mine that kept them off the road more than on the road.........and seriously grow some balls...........wranglers are safe.......crv what a joke......these people need a real car not some poser thingy

Well. Iam going to Crv School tommrow. I will return with a full report and a link with pics.
image-missing.png

Really I hope they do well, But I doubt it.

People like them give me head achs and need to do some homework before they speak their mind about something they have no clue about. What a bunch of dummies, clearly they know nothing. Everyone I ask whether they have owned a jeep or not say that they are dependable. When I think dependable, I think jeep. One of those guys said that nothing could follow a hummer. I would put my jeep up against a hummer. And I wouldnt have a doubt of my cababitlities to follow him. I would crawl all over that hummer and show him what real wheeling is. When the hummer gets stuck, I will gladly let him ride shot gun to show him why he should have bought a jeep. And I would also like to see one of those "V's" come over here and play on some real trails. I can garantee that the "V" will get smashed to bits. And once he sees his repair bill he will shut up about all the maintenance on a jeep. Maintence on a jeep? I dont recall jeeps being such piles. Every once and a while you come across a lemon. And all these fools talk about is how all jeeps are lemons and how their "V" is an apple. Apple? Why do you even take it "offroading" if it is based off of a car platform? How is 17 -19 miles per gallon terrible? I am running 33's and I still maintain an average of 15-18 miles per gallon. NO JOKE! That is great for me. I would love to see that on one of these piles on 33's. The reason they say they didnt buy jeeps, "Oh, the jeeps reliability is terrible, I wanted a jeep but decided to get a "V" because they are much more dependable and the MPG is great." Yes the jeep doesnt get the best MPG, but how would you know how reliable it is? You wouldnt, you just make stuff up. Yes the honda does get better MPG. But how can you compair a vehicle designed to ride smooth and get great MPG with a vehicle designed to meet our needs of capability and style? Jeep is jeep. Honda is honda. These two dont mix. These guys can go drive their efficiant vehicles. But whatever, this is america, and I am all about the power!

Thanks for letting me vent there. This is kinda a touchy subject and these jokers need to learn some things.

I like Honda's, they are totally reliable. But to compare Honda SUV's to Jeeps? Give me a freakin' break! Yeah, i'd own a Honda for daily use, but I ain't about to join a board to talk about it. How boring. It's like joining a bb to talk about

Side's if you are going to buy Japanese, buy Yota. Yotas have my respect.

in that thread, i saw that someone mentioned "its like comparing apples to oranges"...

of course... i don't understand why people don't like to compate "apples and oranges"... you are SUPPOSED to compare things with different qualities... if you didn't, it wouldn't be comparing, there would be nothing at all to compare... there are many more things to compare the differences of in apples and oranges than there are if you are comparing two like objects

Oh now its the Honda v vrs. the Jeep? its just like the CJ, YJ, TJ argument.
The honda v is a suv on a car platform. it is made to ride like a car, off road like a car.
Yes as a jeep owner mine rides like a tank. but so would any SUV if you lifted it and put 35' tires under it. To be in fact the Honda V would be terrable off road lifted. As to reliability? both manufactures have problems.
We can blow smoke up there posts and they can do the same to ours.
We bought our jeeps to take off road and still get us to work on mondays. They bought theres to look like that can offroad and still get to work on mondays.
The Jeep is an off road vehicle ,designed to go off road in rough trail conditions (3.5-+). The Honda V was designed to 2.5 trails at the max.
They are both in diffrent classes.
So why do we even try to compare them? A waste of time when we could be out trail riding...well I am through ranting and raving...
Will chat at you all tonight...I think I will take my own advice and go hit 5 mile pass and see how chainsaw canyon has weathered the winter.

We shouldn't talk crap about those guys. It's common knowledge that if they would just put a 6" diameter muffler on the end of their 1.5" exhaust pipe, throw a big wing on the back and put a couple of type "R" stickers on it.......they could out do our Jeeps any day of the week. :lol: :lol:

Battery problems

Anyone 25 and up.........time to sell your jeep!!!!!! sorry guys and gals but thats the rules its time to take on some resposibility :lol:

Thats funny cause about 75% of the wrangler owners here on the cape have grey hair!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its the same ole story, most people want a vehicle for an image not for a function, and because of this they are unwilling to accept any unavoidable negative characteristics. Any dedicated vehicle will have major drawbacks in certian areas. Dedicated trail vehicles ride rough and with high lifts strapped on and locking diffs they make all manner of noises. Dedicated sports cars have no room, usually only seating 2 and having no real trunk. Convertables are argueably not as safe as hard tops. People who buy these SUV's are looking for a minivan/ stationwagon that doesnt make them feel old when they drive it. Then they try and convince themselves that it is something other than a grocery getter because its embarassing to buy someting that is 100% practical, my CRV is a off-road machine cause its got AWD, or maybe its a sports car cause its got a coffee can muffler and a red honda emblem. Most are boring people buying boring vehicles putting them in boring garages in their boring house in their boring cookie cutter sub-urban neighborhood. (except the people who buy them for their 100% practicality and realize thats the reason they bought them, can't fault a person for being fiscally responsable)

"But if you are an adult with an adult life, then don't get a jeep"
lol!, are they saying I'm immature? I guess we all are then :lol:

Wow, I think it's fine that they are so much against Jeeps. I wouldn't want to be associated with them anyways. Plus, the more people that don't like them, the lower the prices are for those of us who love them.

I am not scared at all of being involved in a crash with my Jeep, I feel very very safe in it. If it can handle what it goes through in the mud and rocks, it can easily handle a big chunk of plastic crashing into it!

BBBwwwaaaaahhhhhhhhh

Thats great! I ment to ask you how this was going to be!!!

Atleast they are out there right!

Back