A Thief in My Jeep

phillika

After years of having no theft whatsoever, I've had my Jeep broken into for the first time. The thief took over $1200 in stuff...more than half of that was in CD's (I had two 20-CD cases inside). But I also had a brand new pair of hiking boots, a nice REI jacket/parka, the jacket to one of my hockey warm ups, and, as I most recently discovered....my two FAVORITE baseball caps!! :-x Maybe I got a little too comfortable considering I have a soft top. Oh well.

The only good part is that the Jeep itself, including the top, was unharmed....and they didn't even mess with the radio or any of the other components. My insurance is covering all but my $250 deductible on the non-auto stuff...but it still pisses me off! :-x :-x [addsig]

sorry to hear that man, where was the jeep at (house, store, ect)[addsig]

It happened in midtown Atlanta...go figure. It was parked there most of the day since I was there working with a client and met a friend for drinks afterwards. I didn't leave unitl around 9:30 PM so it probably happened later in the evening.[addsig]

man its kinda sad that people got nothing better to do then steal stuff outta cars. I mean, do they really need a baseball hat? or half the stuff they took. and of all things messin with a jeep, they should know better[addsig]

Well, our Jeeps are such easy targets. I just took off my hard top for the summer, so now I am getting used to removing the face off my Alpine cd player, and I make sure I lock up everything in the "instatruck" I got my Wrangler. I hear ya, I was very comfortable leaving all my stuff in my Jeep, I guess we just start relaxing after a while, and that's when Thaives take advantage. Sorry for your loss, but at least insurance is covering most of it. [addsig]

Sorry you had to deal with the dark side of human nature! It is so unfortunate that some resort to stealing as a way to progress i life but it happens. tug[addsig]

I've had a Lo-Jack system on the Jeep itself for over 4 years. I think of it as making my Jeep into a big yo-yo but hopefully I'll never have to test it. I also have an alarm, but I didn't have it on when they broke (or shall I say, unzipped) in. And then there's The Club...which has found a nice home on the floor behind the front seats since I haven't used in quite some time. Yeah, maybe I've gotten waaay too comfortable. Oh well...lessons learned. :oops: [addsig]

yeah i was looking into the lojack cause after these mods it'll be a nice pick for the thief. them boxes water proof and stuff? cause ya know..sometimes ya gotta go in a small lake or somthin with the jeep. how much it set ya back?[addsig]

What comes around, goes around. That thief will pay several times over for ripping you off. Maybe not right now, but the thief will suffer. :-x [addsig]

Back