A note to anyone selling parts

trackgod

Recently I found a guy on another board that had a Texas frame and tub with a title and a 360 for sale. He also had a 82 CJ7 rickshaw... rear axle, two seats and frame rails stiking out where they rotted off, didn't buy that one though.

I drive down to Indy, give this guy a pile of money in exchange for a Sunday morning spent cleaning his garage... said he'd have it all ready to go. Then he hands over the title and says it's from 1986, never been changed, delinquent, blah, blah, blah.

So I'm building my new CJ, Mint frame, 360, T5, Dana 300, Twin Sticks, 4:10's it's almost ready for my 78 body to be transplanted.

Last night I go to put the flywheel on and find no threads in 4 of the 6 holes in the back of the crank... yup. God I wish he'd shown me that. I would still have bought it. I could have planned for the repair and avoided the stroke I had last night.

Spent the day today finding and installing 50 bucks worth of hela coils in the crank.

If your selling parts sell em truthfully , guys like us look for deals cause moneys tight otherwise we'd all be drivng high dollar prefab junk as opposed to hand built rigs that at times get more love and attention than our families. [addsig]

we're supposed to love our families too??? :-O :-O [addsig]

Make my living selling in the secondary market. I deal in Antiques, Collectibles and all sorts of of used items. I sell on eBay and have 1100 plus positive feed backs and one neg. from a person that had never bought there and did not understand how the system worked.

Honesty in selling is yes 1st and foremost the way to go. There are few that follow the rules when trying to make a buck. Even here I do remember a transmission transaction that went bad and we lost a valued member over it. Tug[addsig]

also remember the mantra, 'buyer beware'

not that someone will intentionally put it to you, but as with tug, the gentleman perhaps forgot to mention this malady.

know what you buy and check it out thoroughly. if the seller objects to your inquires, take that as a hint to give your money to someone else.

m
[addsig]

Back