A Jeep Addict's Confession...

phillika

At first you have to admit you have a problem...then you can embrace your problem...or something like that.

Hello. My name is Ken and...I'm a Jeepaholic...

Okay, based on my previous posts, some of you may know that I have 2 women in my life (a CJ and a YJ) and I guess if you include my girlfriend, that makes 3. But anyway, as for the Jeeps,
image-missing.png
, there's one that I've never mentioned. You see I actually have 3 Jeeps (one I drive daily, the other, so far unmentioned, I bought as a collector's item from a sorta-friend, and the 3rd is a high performance off-road beater that I recently dumped money into to make it a high performance off-road near show quality beater).

But wait there's more!! I had another CJ that I personally fixed up and resold at a loss of only $200 a few years ago!!. ...And another that I bought, fixed up a little, and resold...only to have the buyer total it as they drove away (seriously)...they hadn't even completely paid for it and I didn't have it insured!!
image-missing.png
It's a long story but my loss: ~$5000. One guy also had injuries (from which he recovered) and is quite lucky he wasn't killed. So from that perpsective, it could have been much worse.

Now that brings me back to current state: A '95 YJ bought brand new but with many aftermarket upgrades since (my daily driver), an '86 CJ-7 Laredo with original paint, seats, etc. all in exquisite condition + some aftermarket mods including a lift and 35" tires (my alternate daily driver...used infrequently...mostly keeping as somewhat of a collector's item), and finally a recently refurbished '80 CJ-7 off-roading monster (my off-roading behemoth).

I guess if you don't have a wife, or a serious relationship with a to-be-wife (I'm still working on that one), it's easy to run amuck without someone keeping you in check. I did have a moment of so-called sanity though recently. I decided to sell some of my toys (i.e. the two CJ's) to provide extra funds to pursue a business opportunity with a buddy...so maybe I'll be normal again one day.

The moral of the story is, first you have to admit you have an addiction, then you can embrace it. I'm still a Jeep addict, although my buddy gave me the extra nudge needed to think "so-called" rationally. But who defines rational anyway?

Any hey, if my business objectives work out, I can use the proceeds to buy EVEN MORE JEEPS!! Maybe dozens of 'em...maybe even hundreds, no thousands, of 'em!! ...And I'll try my best to drive 'em all at once!!! WHOOO WEE!! Help you say? I don't need no stinking help!!!
image-missing.png
I'm p...p...p...p. P..p..p. P...p...p.......perfectly fine.
image-missing.png

!/

!\

[addsig]

wow you're nuts man... eh, well, if i had the funds (being as i'm a broke high schooler...) i'd own multiple jeeps myself... oh well.[addsig]

Dingus, my mama always said I wasn't quite right.
image-missing.png

In all reality, I've had a lot of interests and fixing up/playing with Jeeps has been one somewhat of a past-time...I've just had a couple of Jeeps that stuck and which I never really wanted to get rid of.

For me, it's the hobby with the biggest negative ROI (return on investment)...for that matter, it's the only one that costs me so much. With that said, I by no means have tons of money...just enough to play around a little bit.

Soooooo, I enjoy chatting and "shooting the breeze" on this board every once in a while and will continue to do that but I'm going to pare down my Jeeps back down to my one YJ (my favorite), refocus on my investment objectives, still have fun Jeeping, and have more time and money to focus on my other interests.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

plus, if you narrow down your 'inventory' to one vehicle, imagine what kind of monster you can turn it into with all that extra cash!
image-missing.png

just kidding, throw that into some mutual funds or something...
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Yup, You got it real bad, You lucky dog! HEHEHEHTug
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back