A few pics from Moab

Utah_jeepster

Super Moderator
Ok I know you have been all waiting for some pics from my Moab trip... well I got three finaly. This is what they rate a 4+ trail called the Golden spike trail. Since we did the short version 8-9 hours instead of doing the full 13+ hour trail, we wheeled to the golden crack and some of us passed through it and turned around and came right back.
This is me making my way through the crack.
image-missing.png

Please note that yes that is the Colorado river in the upper left hand corner. And please note that is some flexing on a TJ no less!

This is my starting my way back. You have to take this at a slight angle.
image-missing.png

This one you can get a good view of the Tera-flex long arm kit on my jeep.
image-missing.png
The trick at this point is not to try and steer the jeep at this point but let the wheel slowly spin in your hand since this is where some can break the steering arms.

man look at that coverage from those kick'n mud gaurds!

looks like fun, cant wait till my first off road trip!

Glad I was seated when I loged on. Wheewww great pic's now more more tug

Whinning about suspension has been suspended.

Great pics utah,I hope some day I will be able to make it out to moab.

west747 said:
wow..looks like fun..were lockers a requierment for that particular trail?
I am told you can do this open with an winch or just rear lockers like I am. We had an TJ sport come up to the crack while we were playing that was near stock but with an winch. Across the crack there was no place to winch yourself over by but with 5 insane apes we were able weigh out his open front to have him drive himself through. But he had to winch himself through 4 of the tougher obstacles, where I with an open front and locked rear did just fine.
All of the 3.5 trails can be made without lockers and careful tire placment and some driving skill. 4.0 trails you need the rear locked minimum.

Awsome. I want to take my jeep to moab soooooooooo bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just need some cash for gas and I am there. My club might go next month, but they will probably do easy trails.

I don't know if I want to do 4+ yet. but something easier that sand flats road. Have you done fins and things? I have done part of that but only the south side I have wanted to finish it.

Sully its a 4.0L...six mad mice on crack...lol

AV I have done all of the north side at night...yes we run that at night since its well marked and fun to get lost on. Its fun to hear over the CB oh no! Tammer's lost it again.. then we all get out pass a few suds looking for those stupid dinosuar pics.
If not fins then how about Hell's revenge? Some great slick rock driving?

UTAH What is Hells Revenge rated? I think the hardest I have done Is a 3+. But since my jeep has never been there (with me). I am not sure what it will do (or what I will do!) I don't want to die or anything. Remember I don't have lockers, and I have a weber that isn't working right.

Hell's Revenge is 4+ trail. With lots of slick rock driving. There are a few by-passes for the more difficult sections and we get to play on the lions back as well. trail description

Looks like fun. I just have to work myself up to something like that. I have never been able to do very serious things because I did not have a Jeep to do it in. I also don't like getting myself unstuck. Give me some time and a locker or two and I will try it.

Back