97 tj gas tank

idrthrbfishing

I have been reading about cutting a tube to increase the size of my gas tank? which tube is this and how do you get to it, I have a 97tj with a 2.5 4 banger and the little tank what increase is size does this give you and are there any drawbacks??????
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Have not heard about any such mod and I am also looking for increased capacity over my stock 19 gallon TJ tank the only thing I have found is a 24 gallon HD S/S tank from Currie but they want 1500.00 for it which I can not justify.Post it if you find something.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Drop the tank, remove the sending unit module, reach inside and cut the 2 tubes inside as close to the tank as you can. There are only 2 tubes (filler and vent) cut them both. I used side cutters to do mine.[addsig]

OOPS. Sorry guys, didn't see this thread. I saw the YJ gas tank mod and posted the detailed (damn I ramble)

TJ mod on a new thread. Check it out if you want step by step. Haven't had my coffee yet.

jcooper.[addsig]

as per your quotes repquest

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE> This is a generic .sig file. If you are reading this, the user is too lame to make his own. Please inform the user of his lameness.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

someone is LAME
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back