89 Jeep Cherokee Limited with Electrical Issues

mscribe

okay so my last post was about radio wireing, but i just recently got a multi meter and the radio wireing is okay i think.. i dont know if i set the meter right? i went with ACV 200 and the meter read like 17.8 and that was between the negitive battery cable and the terminal.. i pulled fuses 1 by 1 and when i pulled the power acc fuse the meter went to 0 so im assuming that thats the cirucit thats shorting? now whats all in that circuit? i have power windows, power doors, power seats, power locks what else would be in the circuit? any thoughts or any advice would be greatly appericated, thank you all

okay so my last post was about radio wireing, but i just recently got a multi meter and the radio wireing is okay i think.. i dont know if i set the meter right? i went with ACV 200 and the meter read like 17.8 and that was between the negitive battery cable and the terminal.. i pulled fuses 1 by 1 and when i pulled the power acc fuse the meter went to 0 so im assuming that thats the cirucit thats shorting? now whats all in that circuit? i have power windows, power doors, power seats, power locks what else would be in the circuit? any thoughts or any advice would be greatly appericated, thank you all

HAHAA Good luck with the electric, friend. It is something that can be very , very confusing with the Jeep. In mine,('88) most of the problems I had is with heat damaged wires. If you want to do it right, spend the money on a whole new harness. 3 to 400 dollars.

HAHAA Good luck with the electric, friend. It is something that can be very , very confusing with the Jeep. In mine,('88) most of the problems I had is with heat damaged wires. If you want to do it right, spend the money on a whole new harness. 3 to 400 dollars.
thanks but thats a little more then i have to spend on this jeep once i get my wrangler ill put more money then that into it but for now this ones just a beater.. my fiancees dad had it and he said if i fix it its mine.. and once its running it runs like a champ but the battery just dies all the time everything works great tho just the shorts are killin me!!

Back