5.5 in RE what should i go for?

laxdw

Hi, Im looking into setting up a 2000 xj sport with an RE 5.5 in lift. I was wodnering which would be a more capable setup. To run 33s or 35s, either way I will probably use 4.56 gearing along with ARB air lockers front and rear plus a for 9 inch in the rear from currie. SOme other things I will get include an SYE, steering box brace, rocker skids, gas tank skid, roof rack, winch, bumper, some Hellas for the rack. Do you have any other suggestions? Also what should I do for repressuring my tires after I drop em to 17 psi? Thanks a lot any info is great.

Re: RE: High speed shake

i'm thinking for flex sake, unless you wanna do some serious fender trimming, 33's might be the way to go.....

RE: Lady Jeep Freak, check out my dear!

First let me say i am jelous, sounds like your going to have a good set up. If it was my Jeep i would go for the 33's for the flex, and with out having to do fender trimming you'll keep some of the unwanted eyes(police) off your ass.

studding tires

There is an XJ in my town that is running 35's with a lift (not sure how much)... but it doesn't fit the rig if ya know what I mean. I think the 33's would look better and definatly perform better as far as flex goes.

I did a lot of reading this weekend trying to figure out what I want to do w/ my rig. From everything I have read, it seems that the 33 to 35 mark is the threshold of a lot more money i.e. gearing, possible problems w/ drive axle angles, fender clearence. With that said I say 33's, but I'm a newbie, so keep that in mind.

33's unless you want to cut the snot our of your sheetmetal (which would be a good thing in my opinion)

Back