4x4 system

flyboy

does anyone out there understand the way the vacuum system works that engages the front axle. My yj transfer case works but the vacuum lines are all messed up. My jeep is an on going project but it is getting there.<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE> </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>everyone should own a jeep!!![addsig]

the yj is an 87 with a 2.5L tbi, but the entire drive train was replaced with the drivetrain from an 89 cherokee 4.0L fuel inj. Got tired of my 4 cyl.[addsig]

Vaccum goes from the intake manifold along the firewall where it enters a wire loom near the battery, to go to the transfer case. A vacuum line comes out of this same wire loom near the battery and ends with a vent.

You have two vacuum lines that come from the transfer case along the pass. frame rail to the front axle.

You should have equally strong vacuum at the front axle, in one line for 2wd and in the other line for 4wd.

image-missing.png
[addsig]

thanks alot i'll give it a try tomorrow. I'll let you know if I get it working[addsig]

hey Bounty thanks alot for your help i got it working!!! that schematic helped alot. hard to figure things out when you've never seen them before. Thanks again.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

You da man Bounty...

My 4x4 vac sys has been messed up since my last heart transplant.

I just fixed in 30 sec. what hours and hours of headaches didnt.[addsig]

Back