36s and a lift

burton

anyone wanna buy me this

Hey i got a 83cj7 w/ 31's on it and im not happy w/ it. Im going for 44's front and rear and i found this new 5.5" soa lift from full traction suspension. I want to put 36" super swamper tsl's on it but im not sure if 5.5" lift will be enough for the 36" tires especially on the trails. Anyone have any ideas?

Well you will probably want some new springs... since they are that old they will probably go into a negative arch eventually... so I've heard. The new springs will most likely add at least a half inch, (I'm talkin out of my @$$ here) and help get rid of spring wrap. I too am going for an soa soon and I was going to put in some AAL. I'm wondering if the AAL will add any lift.
Anyway back to your CJ, other suggestions... Shackle lift, Body lift... Heck, here is a little chart that may help...
http://www.jeepyj.net/projects/tiresize.htm

the soa will be enough for 36 " tires... but may not leave much for flex... you can also do a 2" body lift, or even some shackles to make it better

i run a 4"skyjacker suspension lift a 2"body lift and a 1"shackle lift with 36"swampers.after all that i had to get diffrent backspacing on my wheels to get it to not rub the springs(dont remember what the b.s. is)but all is well and i can turn on a dime and flex pretty good without rubbing at all.good luck!oh this is on a 78 cj5.

Back