2007 Wrangler Preview

If this was what was available when I bought my 2001 TJ I probably would've bought it. If I hadn't already invested much time and money into the TJ I might consider a trade in. However, I'll stick with what I have. I do like it though. And the only other think I have to say about it is.......That Jeep is definetly more plastic then my TJ ever was!

Nice write-up, Lisa. This jury's still out, but as of now, I don't like it much. It has it's positive points, but the negatives outweigh them for me. I'm betting it'll grow on me, but it's gonna take a while. Just curious as to how the ABS allows wheel lockup off road. Nice feature there, if it works well. It's a shame to see the I-6 go bye-bye, but I've always been a fan of the pep you can get from the 3.6. Especially in a vehicle this light. The interior is just.....well, pussified, for lack of a better family-friendly word. It's obvious that DC is no longer making the Wrangler for the off-road enthusiast as much as they are for the yuppy crowd that buy them to compensate for their short-comings. That's the sad part there. Check back with me in a couple of years, maybe my opinion will change, but I doubt it. It never did when Toyota ruined the Hi-Lux 4x4 after 1985.........

I think it's kinda cool looking. Would I buy/drive one, I doubt it. I guess I'd have to see one in person to make that decision.

On the up side, I get to join the legions of Jeepers that give the newer generations a hard time. Instead of all you CJers and YJers making fun of our beloved TJ we can all join together and make fun of the TK. Right? Right? Hello....

south442 said:
On the up side, I get to join the legions of Jeepers that give the newer generations a hard time. Instead of all you CJers and YJers making fun of our beloved TJ we can all join together and make fun of the TK. Right? Right? Hello....

I'm right there with you!

Thanks Sparky but I can't take credit for the article. That one was from our editor.

I get to join the legions of Jeepers that give the newer generations a hard time.

That's for sure! I remember when the TJs were so criticized for being a "girl's Jeep." Too cushy, too comfortable. And now look, they've been morphed into the Rubicon, one (I say, one) of the best off-the-shelf Jeeps ever.

I gotta hand it to Twisted Copper for getting that photo on this forum so quickly last night. Jeepz might've been the first non-media site to have a real, full photo of the TK. Cudos!

I like it, didn't stray too far away from what we know now. The front flares are kinda weird, but they can be taken off for what looks like alot of travel!

One thing they didn't change?

TORX.

WHAT!!!!!! NO 4 BANGER!!!!!!!

What's this world comin' to..................:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

south442 said:

Heck yeah....I'd drive a girlie TJ long before I'd drive one of these poofter wussified slanty-nosed creampuff mall-crawlers!!:lol:

mud4feet said:
WHAT!!!!!! NO 4 BANGER!!!!!!!

What's this world comin' to..................:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I feel your pain, Brother Mud, I feel your pain.....:cry:

On the upside, now that all the Yuppies are getting rid of their pavement princess TJ's and YJ's for this feminized piece of plastic, there's gonna be some good prices to be had for "real" Jeeps!8)

Ya know, you can put all the upscale axles and trannies and t-cases in the world under a marshmallow, but it's still a marshmallow. At least they haven't gone IFS.....yet. I'd bet money that the next generation of Wrangler has it.....what more can they do to it to ruin it that they haven't already?

EDIT: I thought I was done, but I guess I'm not: What's with the front air dam under the bumper and the curved windshield to cut down on wind noise?!? Ya know, I can't recall ever having a problem with wind noise when I was off-roading.....well, except for that time when I got too close to a tornado, but that was a fluke. Like I've always said, nothing beats wind noise like a good stereo.

Ok....now I'm done......at least for a while.

Last edited:
Sparky-Watts said:
poofter wussified slanty-nosed creampuff mall-crawlers!!:lol:
Removeable fenders
smallest tire:31", Rubi's:32's
Pushbutton swaybar disco's
Trac-lok is standard (if I read that right)
Those 4 things right there show me that they are catering to the right people with meat and potatoes like that, and might I mention it, in stock form, is more capable than any of our Jeeps were in stock form (barring the TJ Rubicons). Looks to me like they are stepping in the right direction.

TwistedCopper said:
Removeable fenders
You can upgrade to a NV241OR Rock-Trac I believe.

And yes it is a more capable vehicle off the self than any thing they have put out so far.
I am sure the engineers have put a lot of time into this and have tested it for yuppie drivers and the hard core drivers.
What we are arguing here is the same thing when the TJ came out in 1997.
Coil springs! My gowd they ruined the JEEP!
Well lets see it on the road and in the mud. Over the rocks and through the sand, then we will know what DC really did with it.
Till then we can all pick on its funny looks.

A wait and see look from
Utah Jeepster

TwistedCopper said:
Removeable fenders
Those 4 things right there show me that they are catering to the right people with meat and potatoes like that, and might I mention it, in stock form, is more capable than any of our Jeeps were in stock form (barring the TJ Rubicons). Looks to me like they are stepping in the right direction.

Sparky-Watts said:
Ya know, you can put all the upscale axles and trannies and t-cases in the world under a marshmallow, but it's still a marshmallow.

Oh, yeah....pay attention to the smilies>>>>>>>>>>>>>:purple: :lol:

Back