2006 FJ - It's baaack.

southtj

Motor Week votes Jeep as Best SUV.

http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_shows/2005_chicago/0502_toyota_fj_cruiser/

image-missing.png

Like all Toyota SUVs, the FJ Cruiser beats most American SUVs on safety features with standard stability control and available side and head curtain airbags. With power, style, and off-road ability, the FJ will attract many would-be Jeep Wrangler and Liberty buyers.

Well, I don't know about that but it is pretty sharp looking.

RE: Re: RE: Sorry XJ

It looks like a Mini Cooper on steroids! I know I wouldn't want to be out on the trail without the TRIPPLE WIPER option.

Not bad

RE: Motor Week votes Jeep as Best SUV.

hhhmmm, I would push it off a cliff!

I would rather have a mid 70's fj45 anyday over that yuppy euro trash lookin thing.

jps4jeep said:
hhhmmm, I would push it off a cliff!

I would rather have a mid 70's fj45 anyday over that yuppy euro trash lookin thing.

C'mon, jps, tell us how you REALLY feel! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm with ya' - like the older ones much better.

RE: wheel spacers

thats another one of them...and I qoute Sparky from another thread ......."Oh...that's....uhhh....soccer-mom-fugly!!!"

yuppy euro trash lookin thing

thats not to bad of a discription either!

It would attract many would be Wrangler and Liberty buyers??

Can Wrangler's and Liberty's even be put any where near the same category?

RE: 1997 thru 2002 wranglers all 6cly for sale

Joopin said:
It looks like a Mini Cooper on steroids!

LMAO! Perfect description.

It's ugly and what exactly would lure potential Wrangler customers from their Jeeps???? Liberty buyers maybe, but Wrangler??? I think not.

RE: drive shaft angles? what should they be? help!!

That has got to be the worst thing I have ever seen.... If I won it in a raffle I would preten to be someone else and hurry up and leave. Just another reason to stick to helping out our economy and sticking to an american car company.

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: drive shaft angles? what should they be?

derff96963 said:
Just another reason to stick to helping out our economy and sticking to an american car company.
Like DaimlerChrysler? :roll:

It's fugly alright, maybe they should have left the FJ in the past :p

Hi,

derff96963 said:
Just another reason to stick to helping out our economy and sticking to an american car company.

Yes, the great American car companies that are so corrupted by politics and greed that they have done and continue to do everything they can to suppress certain technologies which would make cars more reliable, last longer, cheaper to operate, inexpensive to maintain, far easier to repair, easier on our environment, and lessen our dependency on foreign oil. Oh Wait! That describes all of the major auto manufacturers. :(

Oops, I'll stop there before I get this thread off-topic... :mrgreen:

-Nick :!:

RE: Re: RE: happy happy joy joy

The only reason I said that was it is disturbing how so many people complain about how terrible out economy was and that the government needs to do something. They you go outside and they drive a Hyndai or suzuki or some other foriegn car. Now you can argue that none are really truely american made anymore. But I like to do what I can and atleast try to help out or country. If I can buy something that is atleast partially american made and not just assemble here I will. I don't want to even talk about car that are entirely made in other contries. I think we have jacked this tread enough so I will stop now.

XJNick said:
Hi,

derff96963 said:

Yes, the great American car companies that are so corrupted by politics and greed that they have done and continue to do everything they can to suppress certain technologies which would make cars more reliable, last longer, cheaper to operate, inexpensive to maintain, far easier to repair, easier on our environment, and lessen our dependency on foreign oil. Oh Wait! That describes all of the major auto manufacturers. :(

Oops, I'll stop there before I get this thread off-topic... :mrgreen:

Wifes 99 honda accord (does not have any more but...) 2 transmission's, I can't count the recalls, sold it at 70K miles!

My 92 chevy p/u 210K original miles, all original! (except the windshield, took a hard rock and replaced the shocks)

you choose!

Re: RE: Re: RE: Another welding question

I like it, and assuming it's got some decent guts, I would sport one. That front end is pretty cool looking. What are the specs?

Why does everybody cite examples about their SPECIFIC Chevy that they own that's had NO problems vs. the Japanese car that had a ton of issues? Truth is, if you look at the two companies as a whole, there's no comparison. Chevy's just don't live as long as most Toys or Hondas... It's a boat race.

Every company is going to put out a lemon every once in a while out of the thousands of autos they produce. It's unavoidable.

Hell, I have a friend that owned a Fiero and NEVER had any problems with it and sold it at close to 200,000 miles. I guess that means that ALL Fieros are quality automobiles. :wink:

Hi,

jps4jeep said:
Wifes 99 honda accord (does not have any more but...) 2 transmission's, I can't count the recalls, sold it at 70K miles!

My 92 chevy p/u 210K original miles, all original! (except the windshield, took a hard rock and replaced the shocks)

you choose!

Hmmm, You missed my point. I wasn't trying to compare the reliability of one make vs. another, nor American vs. foreign. Doing so does not provide much useful information, and usually just results in a pissing contest. :wink:

Though this discussion is better suited for a new thread....

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Another welding question

My bad, read it quickly!

But a pissing contest you say, lets do it,

Wait, wait, read that post quickly too JK

Hell, I have a friend that owned a Fiero and NEVER had any problems with it and sold it at close to 200,000 miles. I guess that means that ALL Fieros are quality automobiles.
Indeed, a true statement. I own a Fiero and have only replaced the clutch, and it's at 184K now. I love it.
Back to the topic though, does that tint look a little dark, or is it just me? Now about the taking of wrangler buyers b.s. Wranglers are the most capable offroad vehicle stock. Now tell me, if you take that thing off road stock, I think you'll have to deal with some clearance issues. Plus no suspension kits for it now. I believe it will be a couple of years before that thing will lure away wrangler buyers.

RE: Jeeperz

Indeed, a true statement. I own a Fiero and have only replaced the clutch, and it's at 184K now. I love it.

LOL. Of course, the point I was trying to make is that NOT all Fieros are good cars. Trying to be sarcastic. You can't single out 1 car as an example of quality for an entire line of autos, it's not a large enough sample.

I sure do like that FJ though. :wink:

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: 2006 FJ - It

I like it as well. For what it is. I don't think, however, that it will lure away Wrangler buyers. Different breed of folks. It's a Jeep thing, they wouldn't understand. :)

RE: Stuck in the Rio Grande

mingez said:
...........I sure do like that FJ though. :wink:

Well, it doesn't compare to the Surrey but...............if figures! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back