1989 YJ 2.5 Carb Conversion

manfromochie

Folks I am new at this but please help with my first Jeep restore. Here are the facts. I just bought a 1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5l 4 cylinder. I am in the process of restoring and decided to go the route of a Weber Carb conversion.

Problem is this. All the documentation outthere indicates that this vehicle uses a trottle Body Fuel injection system. But its a Carb on it. I ran the vin number through an internet decoder an found that it was made in canada and it surely is manufactured with a Carb. None of the Weber kits carry a conversion kit for the 1989 2.5L. I have found 1988 Conversion kits from Weber. Called various web sites and this vehicle seems to be unknown.

Here is the question...do any of you experts know the 1989 2.5L with a carb. The closest setup from racetep is for the:

CHEROKEE (U) Carter C-1 YFA 2.5 Liter 1983-88

Will this work?

Also what is the history and best Mods to apply to this Jeep? I am failry flexible - it will be used for fun and road. We are located in the Caribbean.

The 1989 2.5L should be TBI, my 89 YJ is. Midway though 89 jeep did something to the engines but i cant seem to remember what atm. Want to say they just put in electronic fuel injection instead of mechanical.

Btw Welcome to Jeepz!

Back