1972 Commando?

Tug-n-pull

OK I just found a great little ol 72 Jeep Commando! This is a sweet little ride a little rough but has great potential and My wife wants it. Question is I know nothing about this animal. It has a 304 and runs strong, Body fair, paint bad, Needs a inside race on the drivers side wheel bearing so the owner says anyway. Going tomorow to look under the frame and hood. Plan to go out for a ride. Will let you know what it is like then. In the mean time what if any thing do you guys and gals know about this ride? How was it set up from the factory? Any help would be really nice. Tug[addsig]

i dont know much about them except that are SUPER COOL!!! also being a scout lover, i love how the later commandos look.... i would love to find one around me.... put a camo job on that too and you will be set tug.... im jealous....
:-D :-D [addsig]

Funny you mention a camo paint job, Below are some pics of my buddies '73 Commando, officially known as the C101 which correlates with the 101" wheelbase. The '72 and '72 with the cool Broncoesque grill have the 304 V8, Dana 30 front axle, and Dana 44 rear axle. The front D30 has drum brakes, a disc brake conversion is a good upgrade.

There is no rollbar/sportbar, so that's a good upgrade. Lifts are difficult to find because the rear leaf springs are rather odd. They are very long and have offset center pins, the axle is not centered on the leaf pack, front to rear. My buddy did a SOA conversion on his using YJ springs with a custom SRS up front. He has since bolted on a CJ front clip, matches the cowl pefectly, and cut the fenders flat.

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

edited by: Bounty__Hunter, Apr 16, 2003 - 02:45 AM[addsig]

Dang that looks great with the CJ Front clip. The Camo looks great to. Now to get a better look at this ride was going today but duty called and I worked all day long. thanks for the info and will keep you posted and will drive younuts asking questions during the trade. Thanks a bunch Tug[addsig]

Back