03-06 tj lift

goldtj

ok,not trying to beat a dead horse here,was a participant in a very similar discussion last week!question:what is the most effective,least expensive option for fitting 32-33" tires?someone told me all you need is a 1" body lift.i have never really been a fan of these,because i hate the visible gap,and have been doing research online.it seems you might have to raise the motor 1",and modify the fan shroud,etc.,etc.!other option is 2" or so with spring spacers or raised coil springs.which is better?extended coils or spacers?also,are the billet aluminum spacers any better than the poly ones?most importantly of all,will i have to get longer shocks,brake lines,drop the transfer case,etc.?i really don't want to do slip-yoke eliminator,etc.-this Jeep is about 95% highway,and 5% offroad!i just want to get slightly higher,and fit tires 2-3" taller!any advice?a lot of the kits i see include dropping panhard bar,pitman arm,changing control arms,shocks,etc.how do i determine what and if i need to do any of this?i am new to all this,and just need some good advice-don't see why i should have to spend $700.00-2,000 to get where i am trying to be!if my thinking is flawed,and i do need to do all these things,could someone point out all the pros and cons?thanks,scott

Scott, a 2 inch budget boost with spring spacers will run anywhere from $160 to $300 and give clearance for 32" tires. With such a lift, you will not need to modify much else (brake lines, for instance). You can find more expensive kits for a 2 inch lift that includes new coil springs (instead of spacers to go on top of your stock springs) but I'd stick with the spacer kit, personally.

Some spacer kits come with new shocks, some don't. It all depends on your preference...though the new shocks will stiffen up the ride a bit.

If you want to run 33" tires,then you'll be better off with a 3.25 inch or 4 inch kit, which are $500 or more, depending on brand and options. Once you go to that height, you will need to lower the transfer case OR buy a slip yoke eliminator kit. Most of these kits come with brackets to lower the transfer case. Brake lines MAY need to be lengthened, but not necessarily.

Hope this helps.

I went with a Rough Country 2.5 inch progressive lift right for Rough Country. com. I love it because it was cheap, the jeep still rides smoothish and its easy to install. Here is a picture of my jeep with 31x10.5 treadwright tires on 15 inch rims.

Attachments

• IMG_0548.jpg
    IMG_0548.jpg
    655.9 KB · Views: 864
Back