Gas Prices in your town ???

been awhile since this one got fired back up ... been so damn busy paying crazy money for gas havent had any time to ***** about it ... started about 3 weeks ago was 2.59 which sucked but now for no apparent reason 2.89 has had a steady incline for the past month what about you guys ?

$3.10 for 85 octane but unfortionatly the daily driver runs only on 91octane at $3.69 a gallon. I guess it is time to fix up the old bike and use those muscles.

Well I'm from Canada so I bought gas 2 days ago and I paid 1.12$ a liter which is approx 4.25$ a gallon. Little high but I'll NEVER sell the YJ and shes a pig on fuel.

I paid $298 this afternoon in Englewood, Colorado.

There are reports of gas supply running low. Especially with Valero.com filling stations.

Are will drilling new holes in Alaska yet?

Oh, but this isn't due to a shortage of oil...now it's due to a shortage of storage capacity for gas that is produced at the refineries. Well, at least that's the excuse they're giving this week. :roll:

Oh, but this isn't due to a shortage of oil...now it's due to a shortage of storage capacity for gas that is produced at the refineries. Well, at least that's the excuse they're giving this week. :roll:

I am not in the retail gas market, so I don't know alot about it, but I know about the wholesale diesel market.
About 2 weeks ago, the loading rack prices dropped on diesel 9 cents one day and then went back up 4 cents for the weekend. As a wholesaler, we bid against several competitors for each load and we make very slim margins per gallon and just try to sell in volume.
How can the refiners make such big cuts overnight if they aren't making a killing everyday?

Last edited:
I paid $2.75 for Diesel this morning.
The highest place in town (Conoco) is next to my office and has regular for $2.95. What a rip.
I'd get a horse except the 12 mile ride each morning would make my butt sore. I guess my wallet will be sore instead.

I heard some good news from out State Capitol that the Texas House has passed a bill that would stop the .20 cent state tax on gasoline for the summer months. anything helps..

It still has to go to committee before the gov can sign it, but I think it has enough people behind it that anyone who fights it would be committing political suicide.

Back